cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX pre-qualify for existing AMEX users?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX pre-qualify for existing AMEX users?

I seem to be having difficulties navigating to the pre-qualify site as an existing Amex user. Each time it asks me to log in and once I do it transfers me to the page where you can see all cards however there is no option to see pre qualified cards? 

Am I missing something in the navigation?

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX pre-qualify for existing AMEX users?

@Anonymous wrote:

I seem to be having difficulties navigating to the pre-qualify site as an existing Amex user. Each time it asks me to log in and once I do it transfers me to the page where you can see all cards however there is no option to see pre qualified cards? 

Am I missing something in the navigation?

To see if you're prequalified for an additional Amex card

(1) Click on the card you're interested in and then click on the "Apply now" button

(2) You should see either one of two statements (a) , MrMacintosh, You're pre-approved, or (b) Applying to expand your membership with us is easy.

Obviously, if you see the first statement you're pre-approved and should be able to obtain the card with just a soft pull.  If not interested in that card, but hit your browser's Back button and move on to the next card.

Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply.. I am always cautious on the “apply now” buttons as I will not perform an application without a pre-approval first. 

Message 3 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the reply.. I am always cautious on the “apply now” buttons as I will not perform an application without a pre-approval first. 

While your caution is good; I can't think of a lender that generates an application when someone clicks on the "Apply" button.  There's usually additional information to submit, etc.

Message 4 of 33
2IMPROVE1
Contributor

Click on cards, you will see an option "check for pre-qualified offers."

August 2018- Equifax 658 TU 651 Exp 659
October 2018-Equifax 703 TU 701 Exp 706
January 2019 Equifax 708 TU 704 Exp 710

Message 5 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@2IMPROVE1 wrote:

Click on cards, you will see an option "check for pre-qualified offers."

That only shows you the three cards that are currently being pushed by Amex's marketing department.  To see all the cards you may be pre-qualified for, you need to go through each one and hit the "Apply now" button to see what the message says.

Message 6 of 33
2IMPROVE1
Contributor

I just hit the apply now and it did tell me I was "pre-approved" but it also says get a decision in less than 30 seconds.  That tells me there is a possibility I could be denied!

August 2018- Equifax 658 TU 651 Exp 659
October 2018-Equifax 703 TU 701 Exp 706
January 2019 Equifax 708 TU 704 Exp 710

Message 7 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@2IMPROVE1 wrote:

I just hit the apply now and it did tell me I was "pre-approved" but it also says get a decision in less than 30 seconds.  That tells me there is a possibility I could be denied!

I just did it, got the same message. Said I was preapproved for $xxxxx. Hit the submit button, and got the we'll let you know in 14 days message.

Message 8 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@2IMPROVE1 wrote:

There's always the possibility that you can be denied.  Pre-approvals are based on soft pulls of your credit report.  And if some factor has negatively affected your report since the last soft pull you can be denied.  No lender will give you a 100% guarantee of approval without doing a hard pull; but Amex is as close as it will get.

Message 9 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@2IMPROVE1 wrote:

I just did it, got the same message. Said I was preapproved for $xxxxx. Hit the submit button, and got the we'll let you know in 14 days message.

Most likely your application has gone to manual review; if you had been denied you would have gotten a 7-10 days message.  If you want to know the current status of your application, enter the requested information at this link:  https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.