cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX pre-qualify for existing AMEX users?

tag
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX pre-qualify for existing AMEX users?

@Shadowfactor wrote:
I would not advise applying when logged in though. You will never get the best sign up bonuses like that. Always app incognito with a better offer. If your preapproved when logged in. Your still preapproved when in incognito.

If you go incognito and apply without logging in so that you can get a better sign up bonus, will it still be a soft pull?  Or do you have to be logged in to get the soft pull?

Message 21 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great question.
I will be Following this post for the answer.
Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

"If you go incognito and apply without logging in so that you can get a better sign up bonus, will it still be a soft pull?  Or do you have to be logged in to get the soft pull?"

I have always logged in via incognito mode in order to get the best possible SUB prior to applying for my Amex cards. YMMV but all my Amex cards were soft pulls except for my 1st Amex card.

Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long after joining Amex does the pre qualify cards show up? Does it take a few months??
Message 24 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked my account after I logged into Amex last night.
I hit the apply now button on almost all Amex cards and was preapproved for everything that I clicked on.
Hope's this helps !
Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bluefooted,

How long have you been with Amex? I’m just trying to figure out when and if I should expect to see some approvals.
Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Usually after the 6 month mark you should star to see them, I apped 2 others around the 7-8 month mark. Were all pre-approved.

I think you also need to wait 60 or 90 days between apps. 

Message 27 of 33
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

What if your not pre approved for no cards? i was not pre approved when I applied for my Amex everyday blue and I was approved 6 months ago. I want the Cash Magnet card but when I log in I only get the "Looking to expand your membership message" Smiley Sad but I think I still have a chance, what do yall think?

Message 28 of 33
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@The-Credit-Disciple, just go for it and see what it yields. Nothing is ever a for sure thing.

If you prefer to wait until a pre-approved offer comes along, then no harm, no foul. The Cash Magnet isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
Message 29 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the reply.. I am always cautious on the “apply now” buttons as I will not perform an application without a pre-approval first. 

AMEX rocks!! 3 New Cards all SP...

Amex Plat, SPG & EDP

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.