cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX pre-qualify for existing AMEX users?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX pre-qualify for existing AMEX users?

@The-Credit-Disciple wrote:

What if your not pre approved for no cards? i was not pre approved when I applied for my Amex everyday blue and I was approved 6 months ago. I want the Cash Magnet card but when I log in I only get the "Looking to expand your membership message" Smiley Sad but I think I still have a chance, what do yall think?

Only one way to find out is to apply.   

Message 31 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dlister70 wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:
I would not advise applying when logged in though. You will never get the best sign up bonuses like that. Always app incognito with a better offer. If your preapproved when logged in. Your still preapproved when in incognito.

If you go incognito and apply without logging in so that you can get a better sign up bonus, will it still be a soft pull?  Or do you have to be logged in to get the soft pull?

After you click on apply in Incognito mode it will give you a chance to log in before completing the application.  It should be a soft-pull at that point. But even if it isn't a hard-pull has very limited effect on your score.  A couple of points loss that will go away shortly.  Also Amex isn't hard-pull sensitive.  If you have a good score a few hard pulls isn't going to effect you getting a card. A new account can lower your score because it will lower your AAOA.  

Message 32 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been with Amex for 13 mos.
I only have the BCE card at this point.
I will be getting a PRG card very soon.
Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.