Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX preapprovals while being a cardmember

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

AMEX preapprovals while being a cardmember

To those who have an account and see preapprovals occasionally, were your files frozen??

I've never seen any offers for me. It may be im not eligible at the time but I think something else is going on.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX preapprovals while being a cardmember

LS,
I never saw any preapproval offers on mine either. But, I still app'd for PRG and BCE and was approved for both.

Message 2 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I'm just curious why nothing ever comes up for me. I would think other charge cards would be preapproved for me (even though I'm not interested).

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked their site, I actually now have an offer to "Upgrade Your Membership" for the Platinum Card... I'm not interested in it but its the first time I've seen something like that.

I went here: 

www304.americanexpress.com/getthecard/my-special-offers

Clicked Current Customer, Logged in, and then View All Cards and it was in the left column.

Message 4 of 13
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

I only see upgrade offers on mine for BCP and Blue Skymiles, since BCP has an AF I can't upgrade untill January. Since they have moved to this new interface, I haven't seen any either, But keep gardening at least untill January, its the best for backdating. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 5 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Oh I have no interest in apping now, I'm just trying to see if the preappeoval process is actually working for me.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 13
OneStepFurther
Established Member

Well, for me, I've never even had the preapproval tab show up!  Smiley Sad  But then, I only have the Zync with 500 limit and have had it for about 15 months now.  I app'd for an Amex revolver a couple of months back thinking that since I'd made the year mark, I'd get in, but it didn't happen for me. I got approved for a TYPremier $5000 CL (after being denied for the Amex revolver) so I'm wondering if that will make a difference.  That's my first card to break $5000.  I have two others that are in the $4000 range.  We'll see...

ETA:  BTW, my files weren't frozen either.   

Message 7 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Am guessing Zync members don't have the upgrades in there, and likely it was the PRG which was offered the upgrade on in jd's case.

No real idea honestly, just that would seem to make sense with thieir product implementation.

        
Message 8 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

That would really suck if they can't show me preapprovals because I have a Zync....

That would just irritate me.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 13
drkaje
Senior Contributor

In my experience; having a frozen file meant no pre-approvals.

No point freezing a file if it doesn't stop applying, though.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.