Platinum 40k bonus
Gold PRG 25k bonus
Delta gold 30k miles
Message 11 of 18
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX prequal

^Well yea, you can enter anything and get recommendations. However, when they say "Congratulations," and actually say you're prequalified for the following cards and said cards have a set APR, then you're golden.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 12 of 18
degs138
Established Contributor

Santa's Little Helper got a credit card in season 5 of the Simpsons.

FICO TU 757 Eq 741 116,900 Total revolving Credit.
Favorite cards: AMEX BCP, US Bank Cash+, Chase Sapphire Prefered
Message 13 of 18
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@rockbttm442 wrote:

So how accurate is AMEX site?

Never rely on prequals.  You should be selecting cards using your needs/wants to find cards that suit you.  Don't let the creditor determine what you apply for.

Any prequal's accuracy depends on how much your report data has changed since the SP was performed.

@rockbttm442 wrote:

BCP: don't want the $75 annual fee but the rewards are nice

BCE: the card I'd probably apply for.

Don't just consider AF.  Run the numbers for your spend and consider total cost/benefit.

Message 14 of 18
daverhere
Contributor

The AMEX prequal returned no cards for me but I applied and was approved for the ED card.

Needless to say if I had relied on the prequal I would not have this card in my pocket.

FICO May 2016 - EX 714, TU 711, EQ 713 - -
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used Amex prequalify and was given 7-10 day message. After doing the prequalify info their site said I was pre qualified for 6 cards I chose Amex Everyday Preferred. I received an email that said my application was under review and I was provided with a reference number and the number showed" In Progress". They called me after 2 days and asked to verify identity because of a fraud alert. I was approved for $1000. I also qualified for their lowest interest rate @ 13.24% after 15 months of 0%. My Experian Fico 08 was pulled @ 670. I lost 4 points on the hard pull. Experian Fico 08 now 666.

Experian 666 Equifax 650 Transunion 656

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using that I have never come up with a match, yet all my Amex apps were instant approvals. 

Message 17 of 18
bada_bing
Frequent Contributor

I don't get anything from an incognito prequal request - my reports are frozen.

It won't let me use the prequal tool if I'm not incognito as I have an Amex.

I do get fairly ornate mailers with better than public bonus offers. I just got a

100K offer for Platinum today and I got a mailer for PRG last week with a juiced

up bonus inspite of the fact I can't prequal online at all.

Post up your current scores and profile and you'll get at least as good guidance here

as you will from an automated tool.

+ 850 FICO8 since 2015, Thanks MyFICO - 5+ years since last HP
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.