Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX product change question

tag
etothejomegan
Valued Member

AMEX product change question

I am thinking of changing from TrueEarnings to Blue Cash Everyday.

Do you know if my account number will change? If it changes, will it count as a new card on credit report? If it doesn't change, will it still count as a new card on credit report? Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX product change question

@etothejomegan wrote:

I am thinking of changing from TrueEarnings to Blue Cash Everyday.

Do you know if my account number will change? If it changes, will it count as a new card on credit report? If it doesn't change, will it still count as a new card on credit report? Thanks.

I don't have a TE card but do have a Amex SPG. Had the card only 2.5 months and was able to PC to Blue Cash Everyday. My other option was a Amex Delta but I don't fly Delta. Best thing to do for sure is send Amex a secured message with your question. They'll be able to provide you a more accurate answer. But than again, this forum is awesome. You'll get alot of knowledge here from OP.

Message 2 of 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMEX product change question

The account number and terms (APR and CL) all remain the same.

You can't PC into a Costco card so I'm wondering if you can PC out of it... just call into customer service and ask them about a PC for your card, they then go into a section of your account that lists the cards you are able to trade into.... If you are able to trade into a Blue product but it's not the one you want, you can do the trade and then wait 30 days and you should be able to PC again and you will have different choices coming from a Blue for Costco.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.