Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX pulled TU & EX...why?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX pulled TU & EX...why?

I recently applied for a HHonors Amex Card. Long story short, DECLINED due to BK7 from 04'. I heard they don't tolerate BK until it falls off report but I thought maybe I'd slip through Smiley Happy 

Anyway, they pulled Experian and TransUnion score. Why would they do that? Any ideas? 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
DI
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX pulled TU & EX...why?

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently applied for a HHonors Amex Card. Long story short, DECLINED due to BK7 from 04'. I heard they don't tolerate BK until it falls off report but I thought maybe I'd slip through Smiley Happy 

Anyway, they pulled Experian and TransUnion score. Why would they do that? Any ideas? 

They more than likely wanted to make a comparison amongst two of your credit reports in case of any discrepancies.  

Message 2 of 11
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Don't feel too bad. When they rejected me in 2007 they pulled all 3.
Message 3 of 11
-RED
Regular Contributor

It's OK, they are not as grand as they think they are!

Not as widely excepted... & a bit overrated! 

-800 or Bust...!
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for the encouragement...i'm sure you're right. I guess since I know they're jerks and discriminating....it makes me want a card from them Smiley Happy  I know that probably sounds silly. I guess I'll have to wait it out...
Message 5 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

lol, it's like being back in 7th grade, and the more a group rejects you, the more you want to belong to it! Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 11
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
lol, it's like being back in 7th grade, and the more a group rejects you, the more you want to belong to it! Smiley Wink

Yeah I plan on getting one in the next year or so.

Message 7 of 11
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

Hauling,

AMEX is more like having an abusive girlfriend.  The more she abuses you, the more you want to please her and you hope she changes.  But she won't.  She'll string you along, make you think everything is okay, then dump you when you're most vulnerable.........

Message 8 of 11
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

@ChemGuy wrote:

Hauling,

AMEX is more like having an abusive girlfriend.  The more she abuses you, the more you want to please her and you hope she changes.  But she won't.  She'll string you along, make you think everything is okay, then dump you when you're most vulnerable.........

And she'll ruin your chances with all the other girls "i.e, CCCs".

Message 9 of 11
MattH
Senior Contributor

@ChemGuy wrote:

@ChemGuy wrote:

Hauling,

And she'll ruin your chances with all the other girls "i.e, CCCs".

After 28 years I think of AMEX as more like a sometimes-annoying spouse (though I'll never say that to my wife of 18 yearsSmiley Very Happy )

Message Edited by MattH on 02-27-2010 10:35 AM
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.