cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX "Shop Small" Offer - Spend $10+, Receive $5 Back (10 Limit)

Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

AMEX "Shop Small" Offer - Spend $10+, Receive $5 Back (10 Limit)

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targeted-amex-offer-shop-small-spend-10-receive-5-limit-10/

Thanks to Doctor of Credit for the heads-up. AMEX promoting small business shopping with this offer. Spend $10+ on approved small businesses online or on their shopping map and get $5 back, up to 10 times. Think it's a nice initiative: help small businesses and get ~50% back on your spend so sounds like a win-win all around

Message 1 of 83
82 REPLIES 82
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX "Shop Small" Offer - Spend $10+, Receive $5 Back (10 Limit)

Thanks for the heads up. It is on each of my 5 AMEX cards, so I need to figure which to activate it for. 

The offer is valid up to 10x ( $50 ) thus the decisioning about specific card.  

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
Message 2 of 83
Highlighted

Indeed, thanks for the heads up!  I find most of my nearby small businesses to be restaurants, so it was an easy choice to add this to my Gold Card.

Message 3 of 83
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Be sure to look at the map for the approved vendors.  I was surprised at the limited number of small businesses that qualified under this offer.  Nice of AMEX to support the small businesses, though!

Authorized User
Message 4 of 83
Highlighted

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

Be sure to look at the map for the approved vendors.  I was surprised at the limited number of small businesses that qualified under this offer.  Nice of AMEX to support the small businesses, though!

That must vary drastically by location.  I literally have hundreds of businesses on the list within a 2-3 mile radius.  It was odd to see Walgreen's and Enterprise on there, though - guessing independent stand-alone  franchises.

Message 5 of 83
Highlighted

I have 0

So Amexy, and as useful as Wine .com. 

07/11/2020 Confession time...sometimes I dont put shopping cart back where it should go, and I stole lipstick when I was 11. Used it for drawing (works better than watercolors).
Message 6 of 83
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

That must vary drastically by location.  I literally have hundreds of businesses on the list within a 2-3 mile radius.  It was odd to see Walgreen's and Enterprise on there, though - guessing independent stand-alone  franchises.

Have a lot by me. Even better, the small liquor store near my place is one of them. $10 is an easy purchase there when I need impromptu bottles of wine. 

Bourbon and bow ties.
Current Cards:

2020 Goals:
$100K total CL (through organic/soft pull growth; COMPLETE!)
750+ across bureaus
No real goal cards for now
Garden Forever.
Message 7 of 83
Highlighted

@dberryhill Score!  That's even better than get $50 back from wine.com when you spend $100+.  "You can get a whole bunch of Mums."

Message 8 of 83
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@dberryhill Score!  That's even better than get $50 back from wine.com when you spend $100+.  "You can get a whole bunch of Mums."

Makes it easy to get brunch aperol spritz supplies.  

Bourbon and bow ties.
Current Cards:

2020 Goals:
$100K total CL (through organic/soft pull growth; COMPLETE!)
750+ across bureaus
No real goal cards for now
Garden Forever.
Message 9 of 83
Highlighted
Mega Contributor

I got offers to buy Bus. Gift CardsSmiley Tongue

"It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?"
Message 10 of 83
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.