cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX "Shop Small" Offer - Spend $10+, Receive $5 Back (10 Limit)

tag
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX "Shop Small" Offer - Spend $10+, Receive $5 Back (10 Limit)

@Wavester64 wrote:

Is anyone noticing a merchant would be on the "Shop Small" list and you make a purchase and after the purchase is past pending you still do not get the credit? I see that already happening with one, and I am waiting on a 2nd one to get past pending to see if it happens with that purchase too.

It did work for one merchant however.

My credits have taken 2-3 days to post.

How long ago was your purchase?

Message 71 of 170
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know if this offer will stack with the Marriott Bonvoy Credits being applied to restaurant spend through August? Most of the Shop Small places near me are restaurants and I didn't know if I would lose out on one promotion to get the other. 

You should, based on the Terms:

"Any benefit earned from this offer is in addition to the rewards (i.e. points, miles or cash back) that you may earn as part of your existing Card benefits."

The $300 Bonvoy statement credit sounds like a card benefit to me. There are no explicit exceptions on the Bonvoy promo card terms and agreements. If you want an immediate definite answer, just ask a rep from the chat. They've been pretty good at giving me these kinds of answers. (I was going to ask myself, but I realized I've already used up the $300 credit for my reward year.)

Message 72 of 170
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

Is anyone noticing a merchant would be on the "Shop Small" list and you make a purchase and after the purchase is past pending you still do not get the credit? I see that already happening with one, and I am waiting on a 2nd one to get past pending to see if it happens with that purchase too.

I get an email when I make a qualifying purchase, but that is because I think I have that set up on my notification mail settings. I would check my email.

Message 73 of 170
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

Does anyone know if you can go to a business a 2nd time on another day and still get the discount?

Or is it a one time per merchant use offer?

Potential Future Cards
Message 74 of 170
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

It did work for one merchant however.

My credits have taken 2-3 days to post.

How long ago was your purchase?

Took another day or 2 longer, but I see they are posting now Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 75 of 170
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

Took another day or 2 longer, but I see they are posting now Smiley Happy

Yassss!

My last two credits took 3 days and posted together as a $10 credit, though I made 2 individual purchases.

Message 76 of 170
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

I just found this on my Gold and BCP cards... This is good as most of the eatery's in the downtown area near me have the Amex "Small Business" stickers in the window. Smiley Happy

Message 77 of 170
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

Does anyone know if you can go to a business a 2nd time on another day and still get the discount?

Yes. I've used mine thrice now with the same merchant. I always get an email from AMEX.

Message 78 of 170
Eagered2succeed
Frequent Contributor

Funny thing is I split the purchases and they applied the credit together so they definitely approve of you using the same merchant more than once lol

@Wavester64 wrote:

Or is it a one time per merchant use offer?Screenshot_20200710-220600_Amex.jpg

Message 79 of 170
ccquest
Established Contributor

Got an email for the credit on my Propel card yesterday, took 3 days to process.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 80 of 170
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.