Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX "Transfer available credit to another Card" feature

tag
android01
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX "Transfer available credit to another Card" feature

Well, there was no pull of any kind.  I can't imagine why I would get a 7-10 day message just for transferring some of my available CL from one card to another.  Has this happened to anyone else?

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 11 of 19
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

I don't seem to have that feature, I looked at my Blue and Platimum Delta both credit cards, one with a low CL and one with a healthy 15K line. 

Ok, I will wait another 182 days (I got a 3X CLI on my Delta in June) and request a CLI on my blue.  It will be a Merry Xmas to me Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 19
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@android01 wrote:

Well, there was no pull of any kind.  I can't imagine why I would get a 7-10 day message just for transferring some of my available CL from one card to another.  Has this happened to anyone else?

Yes they've changed the way they do credit reallocations. Its almost like a separate app process where they review your annual income (I'm almost certain this is required to be filled out on the transfer request) and then ultimately how long both lines have been open. I've tried recently and have gotten the 7-10 day message ultimately with a decline because both lines were not open for at least 13 months.

Message 13 of 19
android01
Valued Contributor

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

@android01 wrote:

Yes they've changed the way they do credit reallocations. Its almost like a separate app process where they review your annual income (I'm almost certain this is required to be filled out on the transfer request) and then ultimately how long both lines have been open. I've tried recently and have gotten the 7-10 day message ultimately with a decline because both lines were not open for at least 13 months.

Thanks for the response.  One line is older than 13 months, but the other isn't.  I wonder why they offered the transfer option only to not grant it?  This option just appeared last Friday, and it is still there today.   Its not as though I'm asking for new credit,  just a shift in what they've already granted.  Amex baffles me sometimes.  Smiley Indifferent

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 14 of 19
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

I hear ya Android. I did this over the phone last week. I asked the guy a series of questions that it won't be a hardpull, that I want to move $400 from JB to my Blue Cash to make it $1,000...yadda yadda...Long story short, he said it has to get sent to be reviewed. What I didn't ask him is that "Does this happen right away?" and he said "Oh, no it has to get reviewed." I told him I wouldn't have done that if I had known it was a 2 week process because I was going to just cancel my measly $600 CL Blue Cash (Which I might just do).  They can be a little sneaky about that stuff. I need to ask more specific questions in the future.

I've *never* been able to get a CLI on that card $600 CL card since I was CLD August 2008 from the credit crunch. I've PCed a few times from SPG, Blue Sky Preferred, Blue Cash (where it is now)  but always get declined for CLI.  So now that I have a JB Amex with $8.3k) and my Zync...why do I need the Blue Cash in reality? Judging by posts here, I have a feeling my ask of moving $400 from JB to my Blue Cash will be denied since the JB AMex has only been open since June. *sigh* I wish they tell you that it has to be open for 13 months before you can do this stuff...why make all these people do the work behind the scenes if you're not eligible? I still haven't seen any changes to my account so I'm assuming it'll be declined for transfer.

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 15 of 19
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Ah, looks like I got declined too for the transfer. I got the letter today. It said that my JetBlue account was too new.

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 16 of 19
HiLine
Blogger

@jason10 wrote:

It's not on the main page. Select the Recent Activity or Online Statement links for one of your cards. The "Dispute/Inquire about Account Activity" link will be on the bottom left. The "Transfer Available Credit to another Card" link should be directly above it.  If you don't see the link, try another card.

For some reason the link wasn't showing for my Blue card but was displaying for my Costco TE and SPG cards. The next time I logged in, it was available for the SPG and Blue but not the TE. It doesn't really matter. So long as you have the link on one of the pages, you can transfer credit to/from any card.

I didn't see any link above the "Dispute/Inquire about Account Activity" link in my account. Do you know if Amex has changed their site navigation again?

Message 17 of 19
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@jason10 wrote:

It's not on the main page. Select the Recent Activity or Online Statement links for one of your cards. The "Dispute/Inquire about Account Activity" link will be on the bottom left. The "Transfer Available Credit to another Card" link should be directly above it.  If you don't see the link, try another card.

For some reason the link wasn't showing for my Blue card but was displaying for my Costco TE and SPG cards. The next time I logged in, it was available for the SPG and Blue but not the TE. It doesn't really matter. So long as you have the link on one of the pages, you can transfer credit to/from any card.

I didn't see any link above the "Dispute/Inquire about Account Activity" link in my account. Do you know if Amex has changed their site navigation again?

This is a two year old thread

Message 18 of 19
HiLine
Blogger

@VirusCredit13 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@jason10 wrote:

This is a two year old thread

That's exactly why I asked. Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.