Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX - "Will my charges be approved?" link

tag
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX - "Will my charges be approved?" link

I think all Amex cards are NPSL to some degree. There have been many reports of people exceeding CLs without a problem. I'm not aware of a formal position.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 11 of 15
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

I tried 5000 today and it said approved. Hopefully they will feel the same way when at 61 days lol. May try a higher amount later in the week. Dont want to lock it.

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 12 of 15
jgodfrey82
Regular Contributor

I had to chime in on this one.. I've had my zync with NPSL since 2010.. I run about 3-5K a month of expenses through it.  Ive sat and played with the tool and never been locked out.  Also ive successfully been able to "approve" 35k+ requests.

Ive never tried to really make any purchase over around 2k, but it sure is cool to see I could go buy a new jetski or two if I wanted.

At the same time, my costco amex is stuck at a 6k limit, just denied for a CLI last week. . Gotta get my util down a little and try again.

Can anyone tell me how this NPSL card works with my util %? If im trying to boost scores,  should I let it go to 0 for a month?  Obviously I always PIF on the due date, should I pay it earlier than its due?

Message 13 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@jgodfrey82

Your Zync card will not factor into your util at all. If your util is high on your other rev cc's then your chances of getting a CLI on your TE are slim.
Message 14 of 15
mscsinc
Valued Member

I have 5 cards with AMEX between pers and bus. Just got a second Bus. Gold and before I even used it once I tried the button for 35k. It said approved. The most I spent with my first gold was maybe 6-7k a month but that was last year. since then, I never went over 2k any given month. I also have limits of 18k on BCP, 8k on Simply cash and 8.1k on a 3 weeks old Lowes Amex.
I guess your history with them plays a big role in this....
Starting Score: EQ 735 Current Score: EQ 791 Goal Score: EQ 800+
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.