Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX reporting on CR

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

AMEX reporting on CR

Wow! That was fast. Others reported that it took 6 to 8 weeks for their new Amexes to report on their CR. But both my Zync and Costco are already on my EX report. They both show date opened as 2/1/87 - Thank you, God! Smiley Tongue

Of course, I have NO idea how this affects my EX FICO. Smiley Frustrated I can't wait for them to report on EQ, so I can get an updated SW FICO. I just hope that it's a BIG jump and more than makes up for 2 account balances reporting (small, though they are). 

One thing that's odd is that it shows date opened as 2/1/87, but under the 24-month history section, it only has one lonely month. So, I do wonder what potential creditors would think about this. Or current ones, for that matter. It does look odd. But I am SO grateful for backdating. It's a credit miracle! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX reporting on CR

Wow that's great! Please do update us I am curious to know what kind of score jump 40+ years of instant aging will do Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 15
shane82388
Established Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Wow! That was fast. Others reported that it took 6 to 8 weeks for their new Amexes to report on their CR. But both my Zync and Costco are already on my EX report. They both show date opened as 2/1/87 - Thank you, God! Smiley Tongue

Of course, I have NO idea how this affects my EX FICO. Smiley Frustrated I can't wait for them to report on EQ, so I can get an updated SW FICO. I just hope that it's a BIG jump and more than makes up for 2 account balances reporting (small, though they are). 

One thing that's odd is that it shows date opened as 2/1/87, but under the 24-month history section, it only has one lonely month. So, I do wonder what potential creditors would think about this. Or current ones, for that matter. It does look odd. But I am SO grateful for backdating. It's a credit miracle! Smiley Very Happy

I was thinking the same thing but for my student loans...They used to report as a single tradeline on my reports all the way since 2007...now they just say "since 2007" but they are only showing like 1 or 2 months of reported payments....wodner if that hurts or not?

Message 3 of 15
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Second statement is about to pop up and mine still hasn't reported.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 15
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

How odd. I wonder why mine reported so quickly. It's just over 3 weeks since I apped! Smiley Surprised

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Congrats!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 15
dharalex
Established Contributor

That's great! I was approved Jan 31st, my account open date is Feb 2nd, and it's not on my cr yet. My next statement is the 22 nd, so I will look then.

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 7 of 15
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Gosh, I wonder why mine reported so quickly. Maybe because it's backdated?? And it's not just one -- both new CCs are reporting.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

All of my other Amex took two cycles. My plat just reported after the first statement. Fortunately it doesn't count for utilSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first Amex reported after 2 statement cycles. My 2nd one reported shortly after 1st statement cut, which was not even a month from opening. I think the fact you have established history with Amex expedited the reporting.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.