Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX reporting

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

AMEX reporting

Does Amex report to TU?

My old Amex account only shows up on EQ and EX. Should it be showing on TU?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Guava
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX reporting

My Zync shows up on TU, and the other 2 bureaus

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Does Amex report to TU?

My old Amex account only shows up on EQ and EX. Should it be showing on TU?

My old Amex used to show on all 3, then only EQ and EX, then (to the present) only shows on EX. I'm hoping my new AMEX Z will not only show up on all 3, but re-trigger the old green from 89 to do so as well. I've read (Like Guava mentioned) that AMEX Z should report to all 3. So I'm going to count on that and hope for the old green to reappear as well (I wonder what others have noticed in such a situation, if the old account still reporting on EX reappeared on the other 2 CRAs and added months etc).

Ok, I admit, membership has it's privileges, and to me it's called "backdating" lol.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 3 of 7
CS800
Super Contributor

My AMEX was closed in 2005 so technically it should be reporting until 2012 on all 3. But about 2 years ago it disappeared from TU but still on EQ and EX.

I recently got back with AMEX so I'm hoping that this will trigger a report to TU. I'm eager to see if I get any points from the backdating and adding a chargecard to my credit mix

Message 4 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@CS800 wrote:

My AMEX was closed in 2005 so technically it should be reporting until 2012 on all 3. But about 2 years ago it disappeared from TU but still on EQ and EX.

I recently got back with AMEX so I'm hoping that this will trigger a report to TU. I'm eager to see if I get any points from the backdating and adding a chargecard to my credit mix

If the new backdated card is "older" than your AAoA, it should help.

Presence (or absence) of a charge card per se will have no effect. It's just another tradeline.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 7
CS800
Super Contributor

HTSU:

I gained 10 years with the backdating. Heck i'd even take a 2 points gain Smiley Happy

So when FICO talks about credit mix, they consider charge cards the same as credit cards?

Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@CS800 wrote:

HTSU:

I gained 10 years with the backdating. Heck i'd even take a 2 points gain Smiley Happy

So when FICO talks about credit mix, they consider charge cards the same as credit cards?

Yep. Credit mix is revolving and installment, and revolving should include bank cards (Visa, MC, Discover, AmEx logos), not just store cards.

They used to have a page in the education section that implied that store cards (originally called "charge cards") would help, but when read carefully, what it was actually saying was that if all you had was store cards, you should add bank cards. Lots of confusion resulted from that section, and many people, including me, went around saying that everyone should get a store card to help mix. Turns out it wasn't true. Oh well...

And AmEx-type charge cards never did anything special, other than be an additional revolving tradeline.

"Revolving" in this sense means an account where you can borrow (charge) X amount of money, pay it back, and then go borrow (charge) more, as opposed to an installment account, where you borrow X amount of money, and as you pay it back in installments, you can't borrow that back again. So "revolving" here means credit cards, both the kind where you can carry a balance and the kind that you must pay in full each month, lines of credit, and home equity lines of credit (not home equity loans.)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.