Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX request CLI button

tag
MrShush
Valued Contributor

AMEX request CLI button

So the option is there today. How long is it there and are these subject to denials more than asking via the phone?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX request CLI button

Where do you see it?

Message 2 of 11
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Under recent activity for mu Blue.
Message 3 of 11
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Drat!

Hoping it was there for me. Nope!

This was for my Costco Amex.

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 4 of 11
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Yep, not there for me either. Anyone know the answer to the OP's question?

Message 5 of 11
score_building
Senior Contributor

@MrShush wrote:

So the option is there today. How long is it there and are these subject to denials more than asking via the phone?

Mine has been there for several months, same odds of approval, the csr reps fill out a similar form when calling in FWIU.

Not a good move:  lost track and made 2 recent requests before the required 6 month period had lapsed since previous increase and they were summarily denied for that reason, doh!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 11
DI
Super Contributor

The button appeared today on my two weeks old Blue Sky card, but not on the Blue Cash card. 

Message 7 of 11
rom828
Established Contributor

@MrShush wrote:

I've never seen it on line on either of my Amex cards (Blue or Delta), so always thought I wasn't eligible.

Never called for CLI either.  All the CLD posts from a couple of years ago had me too nervous!!

About 2 wks ago, after reading some other posts on Amex CLIs, decided to call the automated number.  Requested +4000 on Blue and now have $10,000...my highest CL!!

Plan to request also for Delta in 6 months.  Actually tried at same time as Blue not realizing CLIs are limited to 6 months period..not per card.

I'd say call if you don't see it online....

worked for me!!Smiley Wink

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 8 of 11
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the responses everyone. The "button" wasn't there yesterday and the card had been opened since february of this year and approved with a 10,000 limit. My Green sees way more action than this card so asking for more credit seems like a waste. I do love higher limits though Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 11
joestay
Frequent Contributor

My luv button first appeared when I was at my first 6 month mark.  After getting a cli at the 6 month mark, it has stayed there ever since.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.