Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX sign up bonus question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX sign up bonus question

I recently fullfilled the sign up bonus requirments I got my $1k within the 3 months I rececvied the $200 credit statment on about AUG 14th. but I am confused what oes this mean and is there a way to check if I still have it or what can I use it towards? my AMEX customer rep told me it would be subtracted from my total balance for this next statement cycle coming up. so when does this show up once my statment cycle ends??  so for example  let's  say my total balance  is $400  at the end of this statement cycle the $200 credit  would be applied so  I would then owe $200 instead of $400  due to the sign up bonus being applied?

** UPDATE --

I found the credit statment it is being applied to this account I don't know why she didn't tell me where to find it when I asked her she just stated it is being put on this cycle coming up. so she was right. no need to comment on this I'd close it but don't know how thanks for the feedback guys!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX sign up bonus question

You said you received $200 statement credit on around Aug 14th, meaning it was already apply to your account, total balance showing when you log in should already reflect this.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont know. that's not what  my AMEX rep told me. she told me  its on this statement cycling coming up thats ending  (they can look it up) and I'm all set nothing needs to be done about it. which makes sense AUG 14th is part of this cycle. my cycles dont end until the 4th of every month and she said after the statements which is the 10th of every month which is when it would be applied it couldn't have  been already applied to the previous month that wouldn't make sense. That month  would have been paid off and I paid it all off before my statment cycle came around so thats why she probably is telling me its on this one instead. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, slow it down, one thing at a time.

1. You said you received $200 statement credit around Aug 14th, how do you know this?

2. You said "your cycle doesn't end until the 4th of every month", then you mentioned your statement date is the 10th of every month, your statement date is the end of your cycle so which one is it? 4th or 10th? Could 4th be the payment due date?

Message 4 of 5
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

** UPDATE --

I found the credit statment it is being applied to this account I don't know why she didn't tell me where to find it when I asked her she just stated it is being put on this cycle coming up. so she was right. no need to comment on this I'd close it but don't know how thanks for the feedback guys!!

I'm glad you got it figured out.  Thread is now closed per your request.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.