Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX signup bonus

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX signup bonus

@ryanbush wrote:
Amex points don't post until your NEXT statement cuts, so you're always one statement behind. If you need to use them for something you can call and they will release them for you.

Right, and Amex cash takes even longer.  Not only must the statement cut, but your first payment must clear before they release the prior statement's cashback.  

The only exception is SPG, where the points are usuable the moment your statement cuts, even before you pay your bill.

Message 11 of 17
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

my Delta Skymiles post with my statement.... 

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 12 of 17
Open123
Super Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

Thanks!  For some reason, I keep forgetting about those Delta skymiles.  Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 17
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

Thanks!  For some reason, I keep forgetting about those Delta skymiles.  Smiley Happy

It's because they're so worthless most people just wish they could forget about them! 

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 14 of 17
charleeislegend
Regular Contributor

@sambam94 wrote:

Rewards tab way up top, then point summary

i went there, but i dont see any section for "pending" points Smiley Sad

Credit Karma (TU) : 810 Discover FICO (TU): 805 Credit Sesame (EX): 805 myFICO (EQ) - 791
Amex Simplycash Business - $15000 Citi Costco - $12000 Citi Double Cash - $10000 Discover IT - $12000 Chase Sapphire Reserve - $32000
Message 15 of 17
Open123
Super Contributor

@charleeislegend wrote:

@sambam94 wrote:

Rewards tab way up top, then point summary

i went there, but i dont see any section for "pending" points Smiley Sad

You should see it tomorrow morning.  

Message 16 of 17
charleeislegend
Regular Contributor

update: so i finally saw the "pending" 50k bonus points show up in my summary, but i couldnt wait as i needed to book my hotels ASAP before it gets more expensive, so i called AMEX CSR to accelerate my points to post. They said although they do that for regularly earned points, sign up bonus points will have to post on the next billing day =/. He did say though that I can book my hotel through AMEX travel and use the pay with points feature to pay for the fee once the points post. Now my next question is, even though the statement closes after i charge for the booking of the hotel room, will i still be able to use the pay with points on a closed statement transaction item?

Credit Karma (TU) : 810 Discover FICO (TU): 805 Credit Sesame (EX): 805 myFICO (EQ) - 791
Amex Simplycash Business - $15000 Citi Costco - $12000 Citi Double Cash - $10000 Discover IT - $12000 Chase Sapphire Reserve - $32000
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.