Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX with Med Collection?

tag
knoregs
Established Contributor

AMEX with Med Collection?

I have an unpaid medical collection from April 2010. Fortunately it only reports on TU. EX is clean. (like my conscience)

Last time I app'd for AMEX they double pulled me, both EX and TU. Question is... Is the collection a no go for AMEX?

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX with Med Collection?

@knoregs wrote:

I have an unpaid medical collection from April 2010. Fortunately it only reports on TU. EX is clean. (like my conscience)

Last time I app'd for AMEX they double pulled me, both EX and TU. Question is... Is the collection a no go for AMEX?

~kn

No its not a no go but question why did they deny last time? Waht are your scores?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 8
knoregs
Established Contributor

The CA is for $2100... This is for a future app and scores will be 720+ and UTIL will be <10% before apping. My AAoA will be 1 year in July.

~kn

Message 4 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

IMO, it really comes down to a double/triple pull. If you wait until your AAOA is 1 yrs old. You might sneak in on Exp. that's a large amt for a relatively new debt. Are you trying for a charge or revolver?
Message 5 of 8
knoregs
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
IMO, it really comes down to a double/triple pull. If you wait until your AAOA is 1 yrs old. You might sneak in on Exp. that's a large amt for a relatively new debt. Are you trying for a charge or revolver?

Earliest I see applying is August so AAoA will be north of 1 year but more likely October or later. I'll be trying for a charge to get my foot in door with the real goal being BCP next year.

~kn

Message 6 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

IMO, if you don't want to risk the possibility of a second/third pull- I would go with the charge, wait 6 mos after approval and get your revolver. If you have an inq to waste ( hopefully it won't be a waste) app for the card you want...you might get lucky.
Message 7 of 8
JonStur
Established Contributor

I wouldn't apply just yet...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.