Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX your offers question

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX your offers question

@espnjunkie wrote:

I was just wondering if they have a preapproval page for existing cardmembers. I am interested in getting an amex revolver down the road but it would be nice to see a preapproval before apping

You know, the preapprovals are hit and miss.  Meaning, I don't think it's working well.  You'll see a preapproval one day, then it's gone in a week.  Or, if you apply, it'll say system error.

Once you have a charge card, I'd bet in about 8 months, you'd easily qualify for any of their revolvers.  However, I highly recommend apply from an external promo link. 

Message 31 of 34
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Sounds good. Upgrading seems like a waste of time because you do not receive any sign up bonus. I would just apply from the outside then add it to my cards. I'm not planning on applying anytime soon though. I'm content with green for now.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 32 of 34
FicoTron
Established Contributor

As far as getting the best promo for your buck, when I called to apply (and eventually backed out), my online offers didn't include what they were offering as promos in other places, so I simply threatened not to apply because of this and they quickly offered to match the deals that I saw. When I call back to actually apply, I'll make sure I do this again.
EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 33 of 34
credithappy
Regular Contributor

Re: AMES your offers question

@anderl wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

For our newer (and some older) members, here's how to quote a specific post, so that everyone knows to whom you're replying. When a thread gets rocking and rolling, it can get really confusing:

• Click the reply button below on the right on the specific post that you are addressing.
  • When the text box opens up, click the blue Quote button above on the right, next to the Spell Check button.
  • The other person's post will pop up, surrounded by lines. Make sure to place your cursor below the lower line, low enough to be back by the left margin, or your reply will also be indented.
  • Type away.

It is also possible to edit out some of the quoted text, if it's already full of multiple quotes or it was a War-and-Peace type post. Just don't mess with the top and bottom lines.

hope that helps

edit to add: also, around here, we don't do "fyp" (fixed your post), where you quote someone and change part of what they wrote, as a joke or sarcasm or whatever. While that happens at many other forums, around here it's a no-no. Smiley Happy

Finally!Smiley Wink Thought I'd never figure that out. Thanks againSmiley Happy!

Thanks, I am glad haulingthescoreup wrote this.  I could not figure how to do as well.Smiley Happy 

Amex Green - Amex BCP - Amex Everyday Card - Amex Rose Gold - Elan Visa - Xcel FCU Visa - Walmart MC - Sam's MC - Macy's - Bloomingdales - Nordstrom - Sam's Club CC - Discover IT and US Bank Visa FlexPerks - AMEX HHonors - NAVcheck - NAVcashRewards Sig Visa, NAVgoRewards MC, Chase Amazon VISA, BoA CashRewards VISA - Chase Marriott Reward Premier CC, Jetblue Card MC, PenFed Power CR Visa Signature Card, Chase Freedom, Nordy VISA and BBVA
Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.