Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEx Platinum with EMV is here !

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

AMEx Platinum with EMV is here !

Got it in the mail this morning and it looks pretty good. Well the chip, the card has stayed the same.

I found it easier to have this card with the EMV while in Europe.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEx Platinum with EMV is here !

That is awesome congrats!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 22
LS2982
Mega Contributor

If you dont mind me asking CS what much do you run though the Plat a year and do you get the max benefit from it for the high AF?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 22
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I don't see much reason to run money through the Plat. 1PT/$1 unless you are willing to pay more to book travel through AMEX, and the transfer opportunities could be better. Benefits are good though.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 4 of 22
CS800
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
If you dont mind me asking CS what much do you run though the Plat a year and do you get the max benefit from it for the high AF?

Sure thing. I use it mostly for business travel where we also have to buy equipment and materials, rent conference rooms and I generally have to buy the tickets and the hotel for my group  and it's generally a group travel. Last year (Jan-Dec 2010) I put about $70K on it.

I use the concierge a lot and their travel services also. The priority pass is great and the airline credit couple that with the credit they give you when you apply for Global Entry; can't beat that. The concierge has been great for last minute reservations.

Message 5 of 22
LS2982
Mega Contributor

The AF is chunk change pretty much lol!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 22
CS800
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
The AF is chunk change pretty much lol!

Yes Smiley Happy

I did weigh the AF versus the benefits but as long as I travel, this card makes sense. Once my travels go down I will PC to the PRG or just use the CSP.

Message 7 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 22
Dustink
Valued Contributor

If you enjoy lounge access and have a good use for MR points. It makes more sense to have both the PRG and the Plat.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 9 of 22
CS800
Super Contributor

FOr right now I can justify the AF on the Plat. I think if the travels go way down, I'll switch to the PRG. I already have the BCE for the 321 category.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.