Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMX BCEverday CLI, how long do I wait?

tag
seiyafan
Valued Member

AMX BCEverday CLI, how long do I wait?

Got an AME Blue Cash Everyday a month and half ago, CL was only 2k. I have been making several payments a month because of it. When is it logical to request for a credit line increase and can I be done with a soft pull on the report?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMX BCEverday CLI, how long do I wait?

Eligible at 60 days.

My gf started at 2k on her amex. She waited a full 6 statements before requesting the full amount you can, up to 3x your current line. She was instantly approved online for 6 thousand.

Message 2 of 10
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Yes, after 60 days and then every 6 months thereafter.  Of course, this depends on if you have other Amex cards, when you opened them and/or when you requested your last CLI with them.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 10
seiyafan
Valued Member

Would the best way be to call them up or I can do it over the web?

Message 4 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@seiyafan wrote:

Would the best way be to call them up or I can do it over the web?

online is fine... rep uses same computer system you do online Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I prefer calling because it's all automated and, if I remember correctly, you can type in the amount you want.  Do whatever you feel comfortable with!

On a side note, where is the CLI button on the Amex site?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@clocktick wrote:

On a side note, where is the CLI button on the Amex site?

If you have a CLI button it will be in the "recent activity" click on the recent activity link, it will be next to "Dispute, inquire about account activity" if the CLI button is avail to you thats where it will be.

Message 7 of 10
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

Related to the CLI question, I am using my BCE, but not to its fullest extent (I just did not have a lot of expenses this month), so my CL is 5.5k, but I am only using roughly 1-1.5k. In your experience, can I still ask for a 3x CLI, or will they just say I don't need it?

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SevenNEW wrote:

Related to the CLI question, I am using my BCE, but not to its fullest extent (I just did not have a lot of expenses this month), so my CL is 5.5k, but I am only using roughly 1-1.5k. In your experience, can I still ask for a 3x CLI, or will they just say I don't need it?

This is just my experience......

I had my AmEx Blue Cash for 61 days, only ran about 480 thru the card in the 60 days PIF by the due date both months, had a 2K CL and on the 61 day called and asked for 3X my (then) 2K CL, was approved within 1 1/2 seconds for a total line of 6000CL.

If I were you I would not ask for 3X the 5500, maybe just ask for a total line of 10K for now and then in 6 months request another 5K.

My plan is to ask for a 4k CLI bringing me to a total line of 10K, I'm not going to dare ask for 3X my current CL (6000) 10K is pleanty for me.

Best of Luck!

Message 9 of 10
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SevenNEW wrote:

This is just my experience......

I had my AmEx Blue Cash for 61 days, only ran about 480 thru the card in the 60 days PIF by the due date both months, had a 2K CL and on the 61 day called and asked for 3X my (then) 2K CL, was approved within 1 1/2 seconds for a total line of 6000CL.

If I were you I would not ask for 3X the 5500, maybe just ask for a total line of 10K for now and then in 6 months request another 5K.

My plan is to ask for a 4k CLI bringing me to a total line of 10K, I'm not going to dare ask for 3X my current CL (6000) 10K is pleanty for me.

Best of Luck!

Thank you!

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.