Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMex credit limit increase

tag
JaneS1123445
Contributor

Re: AMex credit limit increase

I gotta agree. They are a great company. My card already had fraud done to it, and they stopped the charges in their tracks. They had a new card to me the next day. I will be sticking with AMEX for a long time.

@pizzadude - youre right, I'll upgrade my siggy when I'm home later tonight. Smiley Wink
Message 11 of 29
JaneS1123445
Contributor

Lmao LS you are too funny.
Message 12 of 29
Quips
Regular Contributor

I wholeheartedly agree about Amex - got a $10K instant CLI online. They have great customer service. One of the best things is that my DW is an AU on it and they always give the AU a diffferent account number (last 5 digits) - this is great for tracking but the best thing is that the DW has lost her card twice and there was no interruption in my ability to use the Amex - took away alot of the pain around cancelling hers.

FICO: EQ 769, TU 762 , EX ???

Message 13 of 29
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Quips, noticed your AMEX Costco is over 25k.  Did you take HP for that?  Wondering what pattern you got your CLIs in.  Always wondered about that 25k limit before AMEX was rumor or fact.  If I remember correctly some people at fat wallet were the ones who said that 3x till 25k on soft pull a while ago.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 14 of 29
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@Quips wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree about Amex - got a $10K instant CLI online. They have great customer service. One of the best things is that my DW is an AU on it and they always give the AU a diffferent account number (last 5 digits) - this is great for tracking but the best thing is that the DW has lost her card twice and there was no interruption in my ability to use the Amex - took away alot of the pain around cancelling hers.

I just did a CLI on my Optima Platinum yesterday, went from $4,100 to $9,600.  I have had the card for 23 years with a $4,100 limit and never thought to ask for CLI until I started reading posts about Amex 3x CLI here at MyFico.  I was afraid to pull the trigger on the full 3x CLI since I had also just app'd and got approved for a BCE with a $4,000 initial credit line about 2 hours prior to calling about the CLI on my Optima.  But I'm not going to hesitate to go for the 3x CLI on the BCE in 61 days.  Smiley Happy  I also have the Pay Over Time feature on my Gold card and Amex sent me a letter in April to let me know I can charge up to $35,000 and use the Pay Over Time feature to revolve the balance.  Not gonna happen in my lifetime - but it feels good to know I could do it!

That you were able to continue to use your card while your DW's was lost/canceled is a great feature.  I almost would have learned this for myself first hand last night as my 15-year old son is an AU (additional card member is what Amex calls it) on my Optima Platinum.  He called me in a panic last night to tell me he lost both his learner's permit and his Optima card.  He only just got his learner's permit a week ago!  Arggghhhh!  He and his friends had rode their bikes to a local strip mall about 2 miles away to eat at Burger King.  He realized he lost the card & permit on the way home and called me.  I asked him to go back and retrace his steps to try and find it.  Was going to call Amex in an hour if he didn't find it, but luckily he found it.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CribDuchess wrote:

@Quips wrote:

I just did a CLI on my Optima Platinum yesterday, went from $4,100 to $9,600.  I have had the card for 23 years with a $4,100 limit and never thought to ask for CLI until I started reading posts about Amex 3x CLI here at MyFico.  I was afraid to pull the trigger on the full 3x CLI since I had also just app'd and got approved for a BCE with a $4,000 initial credit line about 2 hours prior to calling about the CLI on my Optima.  But I'm not going to hesitate to go for the 3x CLI on the BCE in 61 days.  Smiley Happy  I also have the Pay Over Time feature on my Gold card and Amex sent me a letter in April to let me know I can charge up to $35,000 and use the Pay Over Time feature to revolve the balance.  Not gonna happen in my lifetime - but it feels good to know I could do it!

Sadly, I don't think you'll be able to get a CLI on your BCE in 61 days.  You can try, but I've read on here that Amex only allows one CLI per cardmember every 6 months.

Message 16 of 29
JaneS1123445
Contributor

Well I've had my Amex BCE for 69 days today, from activation on March 19, and I got a CLI with no issues. After the first increase, 61 days, you're allowed an increase every 6 months until you hit a certain limit. It's also a soft pull until you reach the limit, which I think is $25k. After that amount, I think Amex might want more financial proof you can handle that kinda limit. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Message 17 of 29
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CribDuchess wrote:

@Quips wrote:

Sadly, I don't think you'll be able to get a CLI on your BCE in 61 days.  You can try, but I've read on here that Amex only allows one CLI per cardmember every 6 months.

Ah, yes, forgot about that - I think I've read that here, too!  Thanks for pointing that out.  Smiley Happy  No worries for me though, I waited 23 years for a CLI on my Optima, so I think waiting 6 months for CLI on BCE should be a breeze!  tee hee

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

did anyone request a CLI today 5/27/12 ? When I click on the link it say "We are sorry, we are upgrading our site..."

Message 19 of 29
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

did anyone request a CLI today 5/27/12 ? When I click on the link it say "We are sorry, we are upgrading our site..."

No idea what's going on with their website, but you can always just call the phone number on the back of your card and go through the automated prompts until you reach the "Request Credit Line Increase" option.  It's completely automated, you won't have to speak to a live person.  I did this yesterday and it worked great.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.