Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANOTHER OLD NAVY VISA CLI! YIPEE!!

tag
rom828
Established Contributor

ANOTHER OLD NAVY VISA CLI! YIPEE!!

Boy, talk about a nice Monday morning surprise..

logged into my ON visa account to make payment, and almost fell on the floor.

I have a new credit line of $5700!!!Smiley Very Happy  And they'd just increased me from $3000 to $3800 in February, so this is the 2nd automatic increase in 3 months!  And it's so random...statement doesn't drop til the 11th.

I got ON store card Dec 2007, and was offered conversion to Visa April 2010 with CL of $3000 ( store card CL was $1200).  Very excited with these CLIs.....just wish I could get them to report the Visa with the same opening date as store card; it's still reporting as "opened 04-10" although ON advised they'd correct (other posts on that subject so won't get too off topic).   

There's nothing like an automatic CLI to lift one's spirits!!Smiley Happy

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
minerva
Established Member

Re: ANOTHER OLD NAVY VISA CLI! YIPEE!!

Congrats!~

I love shopping at Old Navy, but dont have a card so im a bit jealous lol

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 776
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also got an auto CLI today.  I opened my acct in 6/10 started with 2,200 then went to 2,700 in Oct and today with my CLI of 1,200 it sits at 3,900

I was also very surprised.

Message 3 of 10
rom828
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I also got an auto CLI today.  I opened my acct in 6/10 started with 2,200 then went to 2,700 in Oct and today with my CLI of 1,200 it sits at 3,900

I was also very surprised.

I hope they keep feeling so generous!! 

Message 4 of 10
rom828
Established Contributor

@minerva wrote:

Congrats!~

I love shopping at Old Navy, but dont have a card so im a bit jealous lol

Thanks, Minerva.  I'm not sure what score's required for store card, but I would think yours are OK or really close.

This could be a great card that will grow with you.  As I advised, I started with a store card Dec '07  with an initial CL of $200. Limit was up to $1200 (both auto CLIs and soft pull requests) at the time I was offered the conversion to Visa at $3000 CL.   And now right at a year later that CL is almost doubled!!

If you use the card wisely (ie:don't carry a balance and hence pay interest), the rewards are great  if you really like Old Navy.  And they often (like right now) offer 20% off  your entire purchase when you use an ON card, so that's another savings avenue.  The important thing is to pay 0 to VERY little interest or you won't really be realizing the savings.

Message 5 of 10
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

I hope to join the CLI club with you guys soon.  I got an ON store card about a year or so ago; to my shock, they sent me a VISA about a week after they sent me the store card so I have both (they told me later that they made a mistake in giving me both; they are supposed to give out only one, but they have not corrected this.  I learned this when I called to ask for a CLI and was denied.)

The store card limit is $400 (I rarely use it and keep it PIF) and the VISA limit is $1,000.

I have twice now paid off the VISA completely.  I alternate between not using it, running it up and carrying a balance, and paying it off; just today paid it off.

My credit score is somewhere in the 670 range, though, so I don't expect much.  It's in the "bad credit card" box for now due to the 21% rate, but you guys have given me hope that someday in the future they may raise my junior credit line and make it more respectable!

Senior Contributor

Congratulations! This give me hope Smiley Happy I just got an ON store card in March with $200 limit. So, hopefully in time they'll bump me up to a Visa with a decent CL.

For those who have converted from the store card to Visa, I'm wondering how much you used the store card before you got the Visa. I don't buy a lot of clothes so I don't see myself using it much, and I wonder if that might prevent me from eventually getting their Visa.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 7 of 10
rom828
Established Contributor

I used the store card 3-4 times a year.  I never charged much at a time and usually PIF.

Once I learned on this forum about asking for CLIs, I hit the CLI request every 4 months (GEMB guidelines= 4 mos of history at same limit to get CLI) which got my limit to the $1200(had got a couple of  auto increases prior).

Other than score, I'm not sure if they base the VISA conversion on use of store card or store card limit.  When I received the Visa offer, I thought it might be  because my store limit exceeded $1000, but I'm not sure since it was totally unsolicited.

Mybe you could just occasionally go in for a pair of flip flops ( or a scarf or underwear or something not too pricey) and just pay it off before statement cuts.  That would give the card some use and create some history so you request CLIs on line and move the CL up!

Message 8 of 10
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Great idea. Thank you for the info! I'm learning SO much from these forums and everyone's experiences. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 9 of 10
rom828
Established Contributor

You're welcome! Smiley Happy

And hopefully some others will chime in with their experiences.

This forum has been an absolute blessing to me and I'm sure it will be for you, also!!  I'm  grateful for all the members who have been gracious enough to share their knowledge and advice with me, especially since I sometimes tend to whine or get too wordy!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.