cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANY SECURED CREDIT CARDS THAT DON'T CHECK YOUR CREDIT REPORT?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ANY SECURED CREDIT CARDS THAT DON'T CHECK YOUR CREDIT REPORT?

I applied for both a Wells Fargo and Bank America card was rejected by both of them due negative info on my credit reports.

Are there any cards that don't check the CRAs and still report to all 3 bureaus?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
2NE1
Established Contributor

Re: ANY SECURED CREDIT CARDS THAT DON'T CHECK YOUR CREDIT REPORT?

Message 2 of 12
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Sdfcu
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 12
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Btw both those secured cards you app for are builders more than rebuilders. Most other secured don't care even if thy pull credit. Do your research first.
Message 4 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Crashem wrote:
Btw both those secured cards you app for are builders more than rebuilders. Most other secured don't care even if thy pull credit. Do your research first.

Recent open judgement: there aren't that many lenders that are going to look past that issue on a secured product.   If someone has a legal right to come and snatch that deposit, why would you approve them for a secured card if they don't otherwise meet the qualifications for your unsecured portfolio?

Some may be more picky than others, but I assure you most do care.  

        
Message 5 of 12
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Wow didn't know it was open judgement.  There are still a bunch of secured cards available.  However, SDFCU doesn't pull for secured.  DCU might not either (you need to double check).  However, both require membership in CU which might require a pull and may or may not be rejected for membership.

Message 6 of 12
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Also doublecheck firstprogress.  I think they may pull but guaranteee approval.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are some cards that would help you:

Credit One Bank

Capital One

WFNNB

HSBC 

Macys/DSNB

My Cards: Capital One/MTV $500 , Credit One Bank $400, Household Bank/HSBC $300, WFNNB/ Annie Sez $250, Bloomingdale's/DSNB $200

Message 8 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Crashem wrote:

Wow didn't know it was open judgement.  There are still a bunch of secured cards available.  However, SDFCU doesn't pull for secured.  DCU might not either (you need to double check).  However, both require membership in CU which might require a pull and may or may not be rejected for membership.

Oh I was just giving an example Smiley Happy.  OP's post was pretty sparse on details.

I can personally assure you that DCU 1) does pull credit for a secured card, and 2) will want to discuss your file with you.  It was more invasive than the documentation I had to provide to the Wells underwriters for my autoloan.  They wanted paperwork ensuring a tax lien was resolved in my case, least they didn't pull a second time when I sent them the EQ dispute resolution notice.

        
Message 9 of 12
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Applied Bank

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.