Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOD Visa Siggy Discussion Thread

tag
PrimeInterest
Established Member

Re: AOD Visa Siggy Discussion Thread

Does anyone know exactly what Visa Signature benefits this card includes?

I called the number on the card and they referred me back to AOD.  I don't want to bother them knowing how busy they are.

I'm wondering if there are unwritten perks (insurances, warranties, purchase/price protections, etc.), since no concierge service is mentioned anywhere yet the card has a concierge 1-800 number on the back.

Message 11 of 1,120
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@PrimeInterest wrote:

I called the number on the card and they referred me back to AOD.  I don't want to bother them knowing how busy they are.

I'm wondering if there are unwritten perks (insurances, warranties, purchase/price protections, etc.), since no concierge service is mentioned anywhere yet the card has a concierge 1-800 number on the back.

Most of the useful perks such as price protection/extended warranties, etc are a thing of the past.  mainly 99% of visa signature benefits no one will ever use.  Never used any of my benefits and about all my cards are signatures/wemc.  Only perks ever use is amex platinum concierge and ritz jpm concierge as well to obtain reservations/tickets that needed a bit of extra push to open a table or what not up in turn either amex or chase probably did them a favor back of some sort to keep joe customer happy.  With that said doubt it even reports as a flexible spending account at least when i saw it on experian when reported dont recall seeing that nor most of my CU cc's that have huge limits that are signatures.

Message 12 of 1,120
Mv350
Valued Contributor

Heads up AOD has added the ability to make payments from the mobile app.Screenshot_20200430-160842_AOD Card Controls.jpg

Message 13 of 1,120
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

@Mv350  I noticed that on mine as well.  Seems they are adapting....

Also, I got my first paper statement today for the card. I was hoping the opt-in for e-statements from the checking/savings would also apply to the card, but they sent paper. But the statement itemizes all charges and also shows the 3% rewards at the very end of the statement. Pretty detailed.

Interesting that the rewards aren't shown on the portal, but when the statement cuts they have already automatically deducted your rewards % from the total due. You have to add all your charges for the month and do your 3% math to determine that it is correct, which mine was. They really need to add the rewards accumulation throughout the month on that portal.

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 14 of 1,120
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Mv350 wrote:

Heads up AOD has added the ability to make payments from the mobile app.Screenshot_20200430-160842_AOD Card Controls.jpg

AOD is evolving right before our eyes! Good deal! 

I wonder if you can add more than one payment account? If not, that would be a great option to have.

Message 15 of 1,120
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Impressed with card so far also have had one statement cut got 3% and still working perfectly..  Fingers crossed that 3% is here to stay Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 1,120
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Impressed with card so far also have had one statement cut got 3% and still working perfectly..  Fingers crossed that 3% is here to stay Smiley Happy

Hope so for those involved!   To me, the automatic 3% redemption makes things even more risky for the issuer, as there is no breakage.  (We know people here who store up rewards for ages).   OTOH, Penfed managed with the automatic 5% reward on gas, even though that card is no longer available to new users.

Message 17 of 1,120
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Mv350 wrote:

AOD is evolving right before our eyes! Good deal! 

I wonder if you can add more than one payment account? If not, that would be a great option to have.

You could add checking and savings at Make Payment link. Not sure if you could do more than 1 each.

Im glad I can pay from app now. Less hassle and steps.

Message 18 of 1,120
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@PrimeInterest wrote:

Most of the useful perks such as price protection/extended warranties, etc are a thing of the past.  mainly 99% of visa signature benefits no one will ever use.  Never used any of my benefits and about all my cards are signatures/wemc.  Only perks ever use is amex platinum concierge and ritz jpm concierge as well to obtain reservations/tickets that needed a bit of extra push to open a table or what not up in turn either amex or chase probably did them a favor back of some sort to keep joe customer happy.  With that said doubt it even reports as a flexible spending account at least when i saw it on experian when reported dont recall seeing that nor most of my CU cc's that have huge limits that are signatures.

Yeah it just reports as a regular credit card for me where my SavorOne is a flexible spending card and reports as such. 

I haven't heard of a VISA Signature that doesn't come with extended warranty benefits of at least a year, it's just MasterCard that got rid of them, but I don't really want to go through the work to find out what the specific benefits are on this card since I never use them anyway. With having the concierge, I am sure it's at least the standard VS bennies. 

Message 19 of 1,120
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Hope so for those involved!   To me, the automatic 3% redemption makes things even more risky for the issuer, as there is no breakage.  (We know people here who store up rewards for ages).   OTOH, Penfed managed with the automatic 5% reward on gas, even though that card is no longer available to new users.

Yep I'm concerned for the same reason but they clearly have done the math and decided they can do it since the card is still up despite them finding their way to myFICO. I expect they'll shut abusers down fairly quickly though. 

Message 20 of 1,120
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.