Did you mean: 

AOD Visa Siggy Discussion Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AOD Visa Siggy Discussion Thread

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How long is it taking people to receive their cards?  I was approved on 4/21, all docusigns done that day. Still haven't received my card as of yesterday's mail. 

Finally got it today! I agree with those who've said it's a little flimsy. However, I don't care all that much. With a generous CL & 3% this is now officially my non-category spend daily driver! Easy set up on the mobile app. I'll be sending push payments from my bank so now worries with payments. 

Your bank will push? My bank says check in mail. 

Message 51 of 1,120
Mv350
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How long is it taking people to receive their cards?  I was approved on 4/21, all docusigns done that day. Still haven't received my card as of yesterday's mail. 

Finally got it today! I agree with those who've said it's a little flimsy. However, I don't care all that much. With a generous CL & 3% this is now officially my non-category spend daily driver! Easy set up on the mobile app. I'll be sending push payments from my bank so now worries with payments. 

Why not pull from AOD app or online? Worked for me nicely 👍

Message 52 of 1,120
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mv350 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah that's what I plan to do but when I couldn't access the site originally because Safari was blocking popups without notice it was doing so, I tried adding the card to my bank's bill pay and they have no electronic entries for AOD and would have to mail the check. 

Message 53 of 1,120
Mv350
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mv350 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah that's what I plan to do but when I couldn't access the site originally because Safari was blocking popups without notice it was doing so, I tried adding the card to my bank's bill pay and they have no electronic entries for AOD and would have to mail the check. 

👎

Message 54 of 1,120
JamP
Valued Contributor

Same for my savings account, my bank will not push to AOD or USAlliance but I am able to push to Alliant.

I definitely do not want them to send a check by mail. 

So I pull as you said.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 55 of 1,120
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

What is the likelihood that this card has the same unrestricted 3% cash back rewards and same benefits by next year? By all means, take advantage while you can, but the reason I haven't pulled the trigger on this guy is because it is literally too good to be true.

Can anyone make a case that this card will be profitable to AOD in some way, or do we all believe it's only going to be temporary and MAYBE they will grandfather people in (like USAA Limitless)?

Message 56 of 1,120
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kerplunk wrote:

What is the likelihood that this card has the same unrestricted 3% cash back rewards and same benefits by next year? By all means, take advantage while you can, but the reason I haven't pulled the trigger on this guy is because it is literally too good to be true.

Can anyone make a case that this card will be profitable to AOD in some way, or do we all believe it's only going to be temporary and MAYBE they will grandfather people in (like USAA Limitless)?

I am sure that AOD has done the math and decided they can offer this. They found their way to us talking about the card and that very concern was brought up about profitability. Keep in mind that even if it's a negative, it's not unusual for CUs to give back to their members and this CU is definitely one of those that do. I think worst case scenario they will cap it if/when MSers ruin it. I will also add that they are increasing their advertising (there is now a banner when you log in to online banking) and they have ratcheted up their UW significantly to be a lot more conservative. There were only 3 denials that I can think of when everything was popping and over 50 of us got approved but since then, there have been plenty of denials rolling in for reasons that are familiar to many of us credit seekers on MF, like too many new accounts in 12/24 months (heard 18 from a post recently too). Also denials and counter offers for too many high credit limits elsewhere. 

Message 57 of 1,120
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@kerplunk wrote:

In my experience, providing the "cost" isn't too great,  it makes sense to jump on too good to be true things before they become good enough to be true!  (I did this with the uncapped bcp and cash+, got a lot of rewards, and the final card wasn't too bad).

In this case there is a chance of grandfathering, and hopefully, even if nerfed for all, it could be a 2% with low APR.  (In contrast, USAlliance may go back to being its former 1%)

So though it is very unlikely to last in its current form, worth going for IMO.  And since I never take my own advice, I am not appling for it 

Message 58 of 1,120
PrimeInterest
Established Member

I could see them making a small amount or almost breaking even.  Aren't most swipe fees in the U.S. between 2.5-4%?

I think the low APRs and cash advance fees may also make people less averse to carrying a balance or doing a cash advance if they need some quick cash to be paid back within a few months.

Combine that with potential new business from mortgages/auto loans and some people who may end up leaving money in the savings account, and it could very well end up being a net positive in the grand scheme of things.

But let's face it: it would probably be in the best interest of both the CU and us legitimate non-MS people if they capped the monthly amount or made it contingent on keeping a minimum amount in the savings.

Message 59 of 1,120
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Plus the potential of all the new members that bring in family members. My sister and nephew are joining the CU through me in the coming week. Well my sis through me and then her son through her. When you factor in how many new members this will bring in. I don't see the CU actually losing.

Both of them want to refinance their vehicles with AOD.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Would've, could've and should've won't work when this card disappears from the general public. lol

While the rest of us who grabbed it, are still getting the benefit of using it. Get in, where you fit in.Smiley Wink

Message 60 of 1,120
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.