Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: AOD Visa Siggy Discussion Thread

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

I couldn't seem to transfer money to fund the share account with an ACH

They'll offer to take a debit card 

@Anonymous  and @Revelate  i was offered the ability to pay with a Visa had i continued with membership fyi. My person was Wanda. 

YMMV.  I asked Collin if he could take a Visa.  He put in the data and it declined to process.  While I have heard of others having success, I don't know if they changed their processes, if it was something about the way it was input, or if it was the card itself for some reason.  (I tried my PenFed card.)

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 81 of 1,120
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

I couldn't seem to transfer money to fund the share account with an ACH

They'll offer to take a debit card 

@Anonymous  and @Revelate  i was offered the ability to pay with a Visa had i continued with membership fyi. My person was Wanda. 

YMMV.  I asked Collin if he could take a Visa.  He put in the data and it declined to process.  While I have heard of others having success, I don't know if they changed their processes, if it was something about the way it was input, or if it was the card itself for some reason.  (I tried my PenFed card.)

@Aim_High 

You may have had better luck with a MasterCard. Visa can be twitchy on these types of transactions.

Normally when I try an use a Visa like this. One of two things happens.

It's either declined or I get a nice fat cash advance fee.😂

Message 82 of 1,120
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Aim_High wrote:

I asked Collin if he could take a Visa.  He put in the data and it declined to process. 

@Aim_High 

You may have had better luck with a MasterCard. Visa can be twitchy on these types of transactions.

Normally when I try an use a Visa like this. One of two things happens.

It's either declined or I get a nice fat cash advance fee.😂

OUCH!!!  I don't want to go there!!

Emoti_handonhead.jpg

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 83 of 1,120
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

What's up with their dating site-esque verification with the selfie and AODFCU written on paper? Smiley Happy

        
Message 84 of 1,120
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I was ready to pay a fortune to see those selfies 

Message 85 of 1,120
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

What's up with their dating site-esque verification with the selfie and AODFCU written on paper? Smiley Happy

They probably compare the photo to your license. It's not a bad additional fraud verification step IMO. Far less intrusive than some other methods. 

Message 86 of 1,120
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Revelate wrote:

The hard ones being keepers you got to go the extra mile and do silly things to impress them Smiley Happy.  Will be asked for proof of address 2 bills with address, poi usually paychecks and front back of DL and social security card if havent already been.  You will easily get 10k with your profile and income and lack of not credit seeking.  enjoy the approval/card it is a gem!

Message 87 of 1,120
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

The hard ones being keepers you got to go the extra mile and do silly things to impress them Smiley Happy.  Will be asked for proof of address 2 bills with address, poi usually paychecks and front back of DL and social security card if havent already been.  You will easily get 10k with your profile and income and lack of not credit seeking.  enjoy the approval/card it is a gem!

Hopefully; I didn't get the two bills (which would be hard right now) they just asked for a piece of mail which I obliged heh.

I got the rest though, simply uploaded last two paystubs for POI though oddly they didn't specify what they wanted for that proof.  

Fingers crossed on it.

        
Message 88 of 1,120
Anonymous
Not applicable

AOD Visa Siggy Discussion Thread

I've called member services two days in a row now and nobody is answering. Anyone else having this problem? A little concerning. I've tried multiple options when dialing in.

Message 89 of 1,120
CBrow
Regular Contributor

AOD Visa Siggy Discussion Thread

You might just have to be persistent. They've been getting slammed with new membership and loan applications for the last month. They are a small credit union, so they have all hands on deck trying to get everything completed.

Message 90 of 1,120
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.