Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOD Visa Siggy Discussion Thread

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

My sister got through yesterday. They said they would call her today.

Keep trying, you'll eventually break through.

At least the phone calls go directly to the credit union.

Instead a call center like some of these crappy FIs!

I've been trying to reach a REAL employee of SDFCU for a week!!

Take the good with the bad. You've got it good with AOD..trust me on that.😂😂

I'll be one credit union less by the end of this week! 😉

Message 91 of 1,120
Eagered2succeed
Frequent Contributor

It's been like that since the unicorn card has been out. Try calling different departments until you get someone on the phone. If you're trying to check status of app or membership they will try to contact the person over your app or will leave them a message for them to call you back. From there you will have a direct number to contact your representative should you need anything while waiting on approval.

Message 92 of 1,120
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: AOD Visa Siggy Discussion Thread

They are taking time to rate and sort the new batch of "selfies" sent in.

Message 93 of 1,120
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

Hoping you're all finding the card app to be decent. Pretty easy after adding in my externals, test drove a payment for the first time and it posted pretty quickly. Simple interface, I like it.

Message 94 of 1,120
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Eagered2succeed wrote:

It's been like that since the unicorn card has been out. Try calling different departments until you get someone on the phone. If you're trying to check status of app or membership they will try to contact the person over your app or will leave them a message for them to call you back. From there you will have a direct number to contact your representative should you need anything while waiting on approval.

^ ^ ^ This ...

I don't think it's Unicorn card as much as Covid-19 and credit union manning.   A lot of banks and credit unions are minimum manned for drive-thru only or working from home.  They aren't set up to operate this way normally.  I tried calling when I was applying with no success.  But Collin gave me his email and direct number when he was processing my application and said I could go through him for any assistance.  They give you the personal touch and it's been great. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 95 of 1,120
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Didn't see much in the massive thread other than CreditCuriosity suggesting other products but has anyone applied for anything else besides membership, obligatory share account, and of course the Siggy?

I was teeing up an auto refinance soonish with DCU but figured I would go test the waters with AOD and I can get a longer term loan there cheaper than either mortgage by some amount.  That and if I am shuffling money there to pay the credit card easier to deal with one push than multiple lenders.

        
Message 96 of 1,120
issac2x
Frequent Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Didn't see much in the massive thread other than CreditCuriosity suggesting other products but has anyone applied for anything else besides membership, obligatory share account, and of course the Siggy?

I was teeing up an auto refinance soonish with DCU but figured I would go test the waters with AOD and I can get a longer term loan there cheaper than either mortgage by some amount.  That and if I am shuffling money there to pay the credit card easier to deal with one push than multiple lenders.

@mrfufoppssand @Anonymous were approved for PLOC/personal loan respectively.

Message 97 of 1,120
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate I was approved for a $5,000 PLoan at 6.49% for 24 months

with an EQ5 662 on the same day I was approved for the Visa Siggy

using the same hard pull. Just so you know, the HP is good for 30 days. Smiley Very Happy

Message 98 of 1,120
mrfufoppss
Frequent Contributor

AOD Only Finance Vehicles If You are a Alabama Resident or In Georgia..as Far As Refinance im not sure if the Same Rules Apply..Out of State members Cant get a Car loan with AOD..Words from (Wanda)

AOD FCU PLOC 10,000
NAVY FED CLOC 3000

Message 99 of 1,120
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@mrfufoppss wrote:

AOD Only Finance Vehicles If You are a Alabama Resident or In Georgia..as Far As Refinance im not sure if the Same Rules Apply..Out of State members Cant get a Car loan with AOD..Words from (Wanda)

It seems that may be the case for several of their products.  I tried to look up refinance rates for a mortgage and the web site asked for the address of the property.  The only menu pull-down option was Alabama.  Perhaps they will loosen up this requirement on some loans if they get enough out-of-state inquiries.

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 100 of 1,120
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.