Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOD Visa Siggy Discussion Thread

tag
Neiltyson
Contributor

Re: AOD Visa Siggy Discussion Thread

" Also, to my understanding, cli requests result in a new account being generated and the original account with the lower limit being closed, along with burning an HP."

hmm that sucks. I originally got $20k limit, but think I could have gotten $25k.. Sucks that it will be a new HP and new account if i ask for credit limit increase.

Thanks for insight

Message 961 of 1,120
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

Hidden benefit of my AODFCU card: The card number is extremely easy to memorize. I try to remember the card info for cards I use often and it didn't take entering this card more than once to get it down. Love it.

[2/2019]
Message 962 of 1,120
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jdbkiang wrote:

Hidden benefit of my AODFCU card: The card number is extremely easy to memorize. I try to remember the card info for cards I use often and it didn't take entering this card more than once to get it down. Love it.

Yeah lots of zeroes lol

Message 963 of 1,120
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beast26 wrote:

If my income is $36,000 (not including overtime which would make it $64,000) and I have a student loan with a balance of $25,000 would it be a waste of time to apply?  My rent is $684/month and by the time I apply the student loan will be the only payment I have to make.  

It would depend on who you talk to, I suppose - how they calculate the SL payments. If they use 2% of the balance, that is $500/mo. If they happen to use 1%, that is $250/mo. If they are willing to accept actual payment amount (not sure if yours is higher or lower - like if you have already paid a lot of the balance off or have extended/graduated repayment plan) or if you are on IBR - it will be totally up to them what they calculate/accept as the repayment amount.

You could always call and ask what they use for the repayment amount, but from the DPs I have seen, it seems to vary quite a bit from person to person (bank employee and customer apping).

Message 964 of 1,120
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

Yes, definitely an underrated benefit. I've used this card more than I normally would just because it's the first card number that comes to mind.

[2/2019]
Message 965 of 1,120
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jdbkiang wrote:

Yes, definitely an underrated benefit. I've used this card more than I normally would just because it's the first card number that comes to mind.

It could also be argued that it makes it easier for your card to be stolen by someone glancing at the number though. Like if I went and bought something at the store and handed my card to the cashier, between the 6 zeroes in a row and the expiration date being easy to remember, plus also having a CVV that has only two numbers in it (one of the two also repeating), it would be pretty easy to memorize all of that while checking the signature at checkout or while manually entering the card into the system. I have a photographic memory and also have an easier time remembering numbers than letters in general so this would be easy for me anyway but the repeating zeroes would make it easy for people who don't have a photographic memory as well. 

Message 966 of 1,120
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jdbkiang wrote:

It could also be argued that it makes it easier for your card to be stolen by someone glancing at the number though. Like if I went and bought something at the store and handed my card to the cashier, between the 6 zeroes in a row and the expiration date being easy to remember, plus also having a CVV that has only two numbers in it (one of the two also repeating), it would be pretty easy to memorize all of that while checking the signature at checkout or while manually entering the card into the system. I have a photographic memory and also have an easier time remembering numbers than letters in general so this would be easy for me anyway but the repeating zeroes would make it easy for people who don't have a photographic memory as well. 

Yeah, totally agree. I definitely do not have a photographic memory, but I am still able to remember numbers fairly well, so my friends know me as the guy who can remember a card number after hearing it just once. At the same time though, I'd venture to say that the likelihood of someone with that kind of a memory working at a checkout stand is probably fairly low. 

[2/2019]
Message 967 of 1,120
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not have a photographic memory although I’ve been accused of such, but I do have a very good memory. it’s just my short term memory sometimes it takes me a little while to remember. That’s the good thing about this board, if I have to think about it for a little while, I can and come back and post the answer when I remember.
Message 968 of 1,120
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

A8BA116C-EF17-40C4-94B8-E88ED40D3FC3.gif

Please and thank you!

Message 969 of 1,120
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

Oh boy. Here we go..... I went proactive on the application and they said someone would call me in the next couple of days, and I could explain the situation with the high balance (paid off) and my assets in terms of repayment. I had accidently hit "next" and it applied and sent the application through!! Smiley SadI didn't even choose my SL or credit card product! Anyone do that too? I just wanted to fill it out to get rid of thinking about it till the beginning of March! Oh well. If it's meant to be, it'll be, if not Que sera, sera, I suppose.

I did inquire about that, and they said it's "okay" and that I would be able to do that over the phone with the loan officer.

A note to add:

They did say they're still slummped at the loan department and many applications are still coming through. Guess they're still pretty busy!

AOD Status Capture.PNG

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 970 of 1,120
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.