cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOD Visa - rumor reducing 3% cash back

tag
drlucy

AOD Visa - rumor reducing 3% cash back

I saw on Reddit someone mentioned that AOD was planning on reducing their 3% cash back benefit. I hope this isn't true as we put just about everything on this card. I was wondering if anyone here had heard anything about this.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 179
178 REPLIES 178
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

Re: AOD Visa - rumor reducing 3% cash back

For tranparency I dont have this card. But that would suck for all of you out there that do have it. However, that 3% for all spend is pretty unsustainable for such a small CU. I am actually surprised they have made it last as long as it did. But who knows maybe it wont happen.

Message 2 of 179
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

I haven't heard this and I hope it isn't true. 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 3 of 179
greatscott85
Frequent Contributor

Dropping bombs with no reference point? Smiley LOL Are you trying to break everyone's heart!?

I'm just kidding Smiley Happy

I mean, the question is a totally valid one, particularly around sustainability. I would say that card has gotten them ALOT of business. It could be safely assumed that usage would drop dramatically if the % back went down. The market has several 2% cards and greater with points (for those who like points).

Did you see anymore more details? Now I'm just curious...

Message 4 of 179
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@drlucy wrote:

I saw on Reddit someone mentioned that AOD was planning on reducing their 3% cash back benefit. I hope this isn't true as we put just about everything on this card. I was wondering if anyone here had heard anything about this.

Thanks!

do you have a link to the article to share?

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 5 of 179
drlucy

Sorry to scare everyone! I don't have a link. It was just a comment on Reddit (r/CreditCards) where someone mentioned they have the card and they mentioned they talked to an AOD rep who said the benefit is going to be lowered. That is all I know and that's why I mentioned it here. 

Message 6 of 179
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@drlucy wrote:

Sorry to scare everyone! I don't have a link. It was just a comment on Reddit (r/CreditCards) where someone mentioned they have the card and they mentioned they talked to an AOD rep who said the benefit is going to be lowered. That is all I know and that's why I mentioned it here. 

Sigh.  This was enough to get me to go onto reddit for a quick look-see. 

I did see a post from yesterday that commented that they had seen the mention but I skimmed the last 3 days worth of threads that appeared they might be relevant looking for that original comment, without success.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 7 of 179
drlucy

Here is the thread where the person mentioned it. It was originally a thread about Venmo, but then it diverged into AOD: https://www.reddit.com/r/CreditCards/comments/rurs4l/venmo_visa_credit_card_3_cash_back_limit/

Message 8 of 179
KK44
Valued Member

This is the line posted one day ago "LOL today I called AOD because my 2-factor was broken and I asked. The rep said "The 3% is about to be reduced in a few months". UGH."

Message 9 of 179
cws-21
Established Contributor

I just called AOD and asked the woman I spoke with if she could confirm that the 3% is planned to be reduced. She indicated that it had not been communicated to anyone at her level, but she put me on hold to speak with someone from "upper management." She came back and said that there are no plans to reduce the 3% at this time. She also mentioned that, if it were the case, it would have be to voted on by the board and the board has not had such a vote.

Message 10 of 179
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.