Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOD card controls and billing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AOD card controls and billing?

@Mv350 wrote:

Bleh, my card still isn't here. I got the letter saying I'm getting a card, but still no card. Smiley Sad

It will be there soon enough. Smiley Very Happy

Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rockysocks wrote:

Speaking of billing...

My statement just cut yesterday and my statement balance was a nice 3% less than my total purchase amount. 😁

Statement already cut? I wonder what my statement cycle period is going to be. 

Thanks for confirming the 3% too! Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 31
Rockysocks
Frequent Contributor

No problem! I was a little surprised, too. They aren't waiting around lol! I might be wrong, but wouldn't everyone have the same statement cut day?

Message 23 of 31
mumbogray
New Contributor

I have FKFCU and the payment section looks the same, pretty sure they are also PSCU.

AFAIK the FK mobile app is just bad.  You can only see the current balance.  No payments, no transactions, nada.  That being said I love that card, and I I prefer to pay bills on my computer anyways.  Signing in once a month to double check and pay is no problem for me, but it's not the transaction yeild of a 3% card either.

You might want to double check the desktop site, and see if it is possible to enable text or email alerts there.  Once that is set, it may work on the app with the different categories.  My thinking is: it does not say anywhere the app has push notifications, so it must be a text or email alert.  I highly doubt PSCU has push notification alerts.

Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mumbogray wrote:

I have FKFCU and the payment section looks the same, pretty sure they are also PSCU.

AFAIK the FK mobile app is just bad.  You can only see the current balance.  No payments, no transactions, nada.  That being said I love that card, and I I prefer to pay bills on my computer anyways.  Signing in once a month to double check and pay is no problem for me, but it's not the transaction yeild of a 3% card either.

You might want to double check the desktop site, and see if it is possible to enable text or email alerts there.  Once that is set, it may work on the app with the different categories.  My thinking is: it does not say anywhere the app has push notifications, so it must be a text or email alert.  I highly doubt PSCU has push notification alerts.

Yeah I checked the website and there is no functionality for alerts there. Even if it was just email like my Marvel card does I would be happy. 

I know that PSCU has built support for these things into their apps because I've seen it with other CUs and it even shows in the App Store for AOD's test cards. 

https://www.pscu.com/mobile-solution

"PSCU’s DX Mobile App delivers integrated, user-friendly credit and debit card management that today’s cardholders demand. DX Mobile includes a fully integrated framework encompassing such popular card-management features as user enrollment, view account details, view transactions, make a credit card payment, lock/unlock your card, initiate disputes, and set up and manage alerts and controls. At the same time, back-office management is made easy with a highly intuitive administrative portal."

The example images in that link are the exact same app AOD uses with different branding. This really shouldn't be that difficult to fix, it's just a matter of getting ahold of the right person. 

I am pretty sure that DCU uses PSCU as well. You can even set a spending limit and set up specific geofences and it all works pretty much instantly. It's one of my favorite features of the DCU card but as the card has no rewards, it doesn't get much use. When I saw that this card used the same controls I was thrilled. 

Message 25 of 31
Rockysocks
Frequent Contributor

I completely agree with the Abound (FKF) CU app being 99% pointless. And in two years, they've made no effort to improve it. Every time there's an app update I get so excited to just find out that they moved the placement of a button. Ugh.

Anyway, I just want to let you know that if you're an autopay person, Abound does have autopay. If you're like me, they may have told you they don't,

@mumbogray wrote:

but they do.

Message 26 of 31
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I definitely think you have to keep in mind it's a small CU who probably isn't going to have the resources to make a beautiful fully functional app or website. Many regional CUs have pretty basic website/app functionality. It's one of the concessions you make dealing with a smaller company. And like CC said honestly it seems like a first world problem anyway. As much as time as we spend on this forum it should be no more difficult to just check your accounts as often as you want. 

Like I said you have no liability for fraud anyway and it's not like you don't check your accounts, so while card control and notification features are nice, I don't see why it's such a must have to the point of basically abandoning a card you just got. 

Message 27 of 31
Mv350
Valued Contributor

Has anyone come accross a balance transfer option on the AOD elink?

Message 28 of 31
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I definitely think you have to keep in mind it's a small CU who probably isn't going to have the resources to make a beautiful fully functional app or website. Many regional CUs have pretty basic website/app functionality. It's one of the concessions you make dealing with a smaller company. And like CC said honestly it seems like a first world problem anyway. As much as time as we spend on this forum it should be no more difficult to just check your accounts as often as you want. 

Like I said you have no liability for fraud anyway and it's not like you don't check your accounts, so while card control and notification features are nice, I don't see why it's such a must have to the point of basically abandoning a card you just got. 

Saeren was talking about a very minor type of SDing!  He will unlock and use it on transactions where he doesn't have 3% or better, just not on recurring ones.    And for some dealing with fraud has additional issues

Message 29 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know, it's really irritating that people keep trying to tell me that my issue is no big deal. It's a big deal to me because of how I choose to manage my cards. It's a big deal to me because it's advertised functionality that is missing. I am not asking for anything more than what is literally advertised in the **bleep** app description. I have seen people complain about all kinds of things missing from cards that were never advertised and now I'm getting told it's a first world problem and that they're too small, etc. If they don't intend to have it, don't advertise it!

0866E7CE-B7B1-43B5-8A38-12FB85719AE0.jpeg

This thread can be locked because I'm done having people tell me what is and isn't important. I will make sure to remember this the next time anyone makes a petty complaint about a card. 

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.