cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOD card controls and billing?

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: AOD card controls and billing?


@kdm31091 wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

97CA78BD-3AE0-4487-A94F-EFE1605FF77B.jpeg

I will have to get that fixed at some point in the near future. I'm going to let the demand on them die down first though. 

ETA: Yep, no notification when I made a charge. Card is officially locked and in the SD unless I'm not earning 3% somewhere else. I will reach out to them next month about it. I would like to replace most of my cards with this one but I won't feel comfortable with it until I have notifications and card controls so I can disable travel and international purchases. 


You took the HP and AAoA ding for the card (along with the effort of the membership). Why SD it? I understand the fraud concerns but there's no liability anyway. It's just an inconvenience. Beyond that, I'm sure pretty much anyone on this site is diligent about checking their accounts.

 

To me it's just self defeating to sign up for a card and immediately SD it just because maybe it doesn't have every single feature you would like.


I will still use it for purchases I'm not already earning 3% on but I'm not going to have a second card I have to check all the time like my PayPal card so recurring transactions like my cell and internet won't be moved until I have notifications.

 

At least this one can be locked inbetween uses. 




Message 11 of 31
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: AOD card controls and billing?


@Gmood1 wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

97CA78BD-3AE0-4487-A94F-EFE1605FF77B.jpeg

I will have to get that fixed at some point in the near future. I'm going to let the demand on them die down first though. 

ETA: Yep, no notification when I made a charge. Card is officially locked and in the SD unless I'm not earning 3% somewhere else. I will reach out to them next month about it. I would like to replace most of my cards with this one but I won't feel comfortable with it until I have notifications and card controls so I can disable travel and international purchases. 


You took the HP and AAoA ding for the card (along with the effort of the membership). Why SD it? I understand the fraud concerns but there's no liability anyway. It's just an inconvenience. Beyond that, I'm sure pretty much anyone on this site is diligent about checking their accounts.

 

To me it's just self defeating to sign up for a card and immediately SD it just because maybe it doesn't have every single feature you would like.


Yeah, not understanding this either. The transactions show up in the app very quickly. Within minutes or seconds after swiping the card. Faster than a number of other lenders I know of, off the top of my head.


I did see that the charge showed up pending right away but without notifications I'll have to check all the time if the card isn't locked. I'll still use it but it's not getting anything recurring until the notifications and controls are fixed. 




Message 12 of 31
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: AOD card controls and billing?

Card works like a champ for me.. I dont use mobile crud, call me old school but write software for a living.  Also threw me for a loop, but took about 15 secs to find out it was a pop up blocker then all solved.  First world problems for an awesome card that cant be beat... I think you will survive, just saying Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 31
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: AOD card controls and billing?


@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Card works like a champ for me.. I dont use mobile crud, call me old school but write software for a living.  Also threw me for a look, but took about 15 secs to find out it was a pop up blocker then all solved.  First world problems for an awesome card that cant be beat... just saying Smiley Happy


If I had been checking on my desktop I would have noticed right away but on my phone there was no way to know. 

And it is an awesome card but notifications are something I need to have before I SD my cards that earn the same rate and have them. Is it a first world problem? It absolutely is but that won't change the fact it's an inconvenience to me just like the lack of autopay options on some cards inconveniences others. It's not like I'm asking for something they never advertised having to begin with.

87B48647-098A-4367-85E8-50F406D2BCCE.jpeg

 

That's an AOD credit card in the preview and there are the card controls with alert settings at the top. 




Message 14 of 31
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: AOD card controls and billing?

@Saeren it has autopay unless i am misunderstand you and as others mentioned you arent responsibly for charges if the rare occasion it ever happens...Anyone on this forum especially you probably log on to you account each day...they are a SMALL cu of only 300 million in assets so their IT is probably only a few and mainly outsourced so one can get by..  I remember the days when i had to mail in my payments each month and also get a statement through the mail..  Things are 1000% times easier these days.

 

Also screen shot of autopay

 

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 10.03.49 PM.png

Message 15 of 31
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: AOD card controls and billing?


@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Saeren it has autopay unless i am misunderstand you and as others mentioned you arent responsibly for charges if the rare occasion it ever happens...Anyone on this forum especially you probably log on to you account each day...they are a SMALL cu of only 300 million in assets so their IT is probably only a few and mainly outsourced so one can get by..  I remember the days when i had to mail in my payments each month and also get a statement through the mail..  Things are 1000% times easier these days.

 

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 10.03.49 PM.png


No I'm saying that the lack of transaction notifications is an inconvenience to me like the lack of autopay on other cards inconveniences others. I know this one has autopay. I'm just saying that without notifications I end up checking my card literally every day to make sure no transactions I don't recognize have gone on there. And it's already been said that PSCU, which is the company they outsourced their cards to, requires things to be sent in the mail when you have fraud. If I can just use card controls to block the most common fraud avenues like travel and international purchases or geofence my card to only work for certain transactions, I won't ever have to deal with that issue. As it stands now, I will be making heavy use of the credit card lock feature. 

I also think the PSCU rep I spoke with didn't know what they were talking about so I may just try to call next week during the day about it since the app is provided by PSCU and their partners just add their branding to it. 




Message 16 of 31
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: AOD card controls and billing?

I am heading to bed, but why worry about things that are out of your control?   What you want won't change their business models or whomever you said controls them.  Either lock the card if worried as i believe you said that is an option or obviously there are more extreme options as well.  Either way it can't be worse than the PP MC so you are one up on that in every way shape and form.  Night

Message 17 of 31
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: AOD card controls and billing?


@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I am heading to bed, but why worry about things that are out of your control?   What you want won't change their business models or whomever you said controls them.  Either lock the card if worried as i believe you said that is an option or obviously there are more extreme options as well.  Either way it can't be worse than the PP MC so you are one up on that in every way shape and form.  Night


I mean this was clearly an oversight somewhere. AOD wouldn't have the card control app if they didn't intend to have card controls and notifications. You're supposed to be able to pay your bill from the app too but you have to use a desktop computer to access the website to pay the card so this will annoy other people too, not just me. I'm almost positive all I have to do is get the right person who can just add the account number in a tool somewhere and fix this issue for me and everyone else too. 

And yes, much better than PayPal, although I currently still have to log into another site to get to the portal to manage my card like PayPal despite having an app for the card. If Synchrony added a lock feature, I wouldn't have griped at all about notifications anymore. 

In the end I can just leave my recurring transactions where they are and make use of the lock feature on this card but I would greatly prefer to have it work as intended. 

Night, CC. 




Message 18 of 31
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: AOD card controls and billing?

Bleh, my card still isn't here. I got the letter saying I'm getting a card, but still no card. Smiley Sad

Message 19 of 31
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: AOD card controls and billing?

Speaking of billing...

My statement just cut yesterday and my statement balance was a nice 3% less than my total purchase amount. 😁

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.