Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APP SPREE YIPEE!!

tag
princesstooth
New Contributor

APP SPREE YIPEE!!

So I finally tired of paying a ridiculous interest rate on my car loan I decided to bite the bullet and re-fi my car.  I called DCU and they offered a much lower interest rate.  Nice!!!  So since they pulled my report I asked about the Visa.  SCORE!!!  I decided to call my local CU that I also belong to.  DCU wasn't going to finance me for the entire amount of my loan, but my local CU was!  And they approved me for a Visa also!!  So I decided since I was at it to go ahead and see what else I could get approved for

Approved

DCU- $2000

Local CU- $1000

Discover IT-$1200

Barclays-$750

Wal Mart-$700

Chevron-$400

Denied

Chase

Wells Fargo

Amex

Bof A

Citi

Paypal MC

Tried reconning all of the above but no go.  Chase almost said yes,  try again in 6 months with a little bit longer history of on time payments.

Well it's a start!!!  I cancelled my FP cards as their AF was about to hit which just left me with Cap 1 and Victoria's secret.

So off to the garden I go to nuture my new CC's and hopefully some good growth!!!   Thanks everyone for all the great info in the board.  Couldn't have done it without you!!!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
rex_03
Contributor

Re: APP SPREE YIPEE!!

Congrats,and off to the garden you go!!
Message 2 of 14
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Congrats bro!

What order did you app in? 

What AMEX did you app for? AAoA and Inqs?

Message 3 of 14
hot4u
Established Contributor

see you in the Garden.... Time to grow

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 4 of 14
justforting
Regular Contributor

congrats on the approved cards!

Last App: 09/17/2013 // No App Until: Mortgage (05/14?)

Cards in my wallet: AMEX BCE ($8000) // CITI AA VISA SIG ($5000) // CHASE FREEDOM ($3500) // DISCOVER IT ($1000) // CAP ONE NC ($1000) // WALMART DISCOVER ($1600)
Credit Scores: FICO TU08 (10/13): 739 // Credit Karma (10/13): 677??!! // Credit Sesame (10/13): 730
Next Goal: CSP (after mortgage probably...)
Message 5 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 14
princesstooth
New Contributor

I applied for DCU first.  Then Discover, Chase, Amex, Barclays, walmart, and Chevron was last.  The others I tried after Wal mart but before Chevron.  I went for the cards I wanted most.  My AAoA differs from each credit report.  My oldest 2 tradelines are  from 1993 that report only to Experian and TransUnion.  They both don't report to Equifax for some reason.  So it averages between 3-4 yrs.  2 inq's on each when I started.

Message 7 of 14
princesstooth
New Contributor

Thanks everyone!!! 

Message 8 of 14
zeusta20
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!

@rex_03 how do you have a chase sapphire preferred with the limit of 4k??? I thought their minimum was 5k??? That's what I've kept reading at least! Did they approve you for that limit?
Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 9 of 14
creditjail
Regular Contributor

Congrats

FICO scores:EQ- 723 (6/13), TU- 722 (6/13), EX- ?
My Wallet- AMEX BCE-17.5K, Chase Freedom-6k, Cap1- 5K, BMO Harris-5K, Wells Fargo-2K,
Store Cards-Lowes- 8K, Ashley Furniture-6K, American Furniture-2.5K,

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.