Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APP for NFCU

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: APP for NFCU

@j_casteel wrote:

with scores like that...be prepared to have a shiny new NFCU card with a $75k limit in the mail soon!

ROFL!  More like 22k for him and 30k for the DGF  Smiley Surprised

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 21 of 41
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

with scores like that...be prepared to have a shiny new NFCU card with a $75k limit in the mail soon!

ROFL!  More like 22k for him and 30k for the DGF  Smiley Surprised

lol, yeah i was exaggerating a lot...but still yet...they will be awesome cards!

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 22 of 41
pinoyscorpion951
New Contributor

Wow, with scores like that, I would have gone for the NFCU tri-fecta: Visa, Mastercard and Navcheck. 

Message 23 of 41
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@pinoyscorpion951 wrote:

Wow, with scores like that, I would have god for the NFCU tri-fecta: Visa, Mastercard and Navcheck. 

Nah, no points as there is no multiplier on rewards by having all three.  Cash card is nice Smiley Happy  and they are upgrading them to signature now... Unfortunately I haven't gotten my invitation to upgrade yet Smiley Sad

FICO 9:

Message 24 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinoyscorpion951 wrote:

Wow, with scores like that, I would have gone for the NFCU tri-fecta: Visa, Mastercard and Navcheck. 

What is this Navcheck everyone is talking about? I have tried looking it up and have had no luck lol.

Message 25 of 41
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@pinoyscorpion951 wrote:

What is this Navcheck everyone is talking about? I have tried looking it up and have had no luck lol.

It isn't called that anymore, its called Overdraft Line of Credit.   It is a line of credit that gives you free overdraft protection (as in no OD fees).  It has a max of 15k and can be used as a revolving personal loan... you can literally order a checkbook for it and write a check against it without ever overdrafting your normal checking account.

You MUST have a checking account with NFCU to be eligible for an Overdraft Line of Credit

FICO 9:

Message 26 of 41
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pinoyscorpion951 wrote:

so what limit did you get approved for?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 27 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@webhopper wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pinoyscorpion951 wrote:

It isn't called that anymore, its called Overdraft Line of Credit.   It is a line of credit that gives you free overdraft protection (as in no OD fees).  It has a max of 15k and can be used as a revolving personal loan... you can literally order a checkbook for it and write a check against it without ever overdrafting your normal checking account.

You MUST have a checking account with NFCU to be eligible for an Overdraft Line of Credit

Oh a credit reserve. I have one of those with my bank. Yea we have a savings and checking. I don't like the overdraft protection/credit reserve. I pretty much act like I dont have one on my bank account. lol

Message 28 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rootpooty wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pinoyscorpion951 wrote:

so what limit did you get approved for?

We have no idea lol thats what I was saying earlier. In the message center it said approved in the status but no other info. I sent them a message and if I dont hear back by tomorrow mid day I will call. 

Message 29 of 41
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pinoyscorpion951 wrote:

Oh a credit reserve. I have one of those with my bank. Yea we have a savings and checking. I don't like the overdraft protection/credit reserve. I pretty much act like I dont have one on my bank account. lol

I was thinking that I "needed" Navcheck.  but my husband quickly reminded me that I had 22k of available credit, and that I didn't "need" another product. It was funny seeing the look on his face as I was trying to explain why I "needed" it.  ROFL.  He looked at me like I'd just lost my mind.

I also tried to explain why I "needed"  Amex Lowes card in October. Fortunately for me, he wasn't buying the "need"

I found out later that I can easily transfer funds from the Cash Card into my NFCU checking which can then be used to pay my contractor so that he doesn't get those pesky swipe fees. I plan on doing some bathroom remodeling of a rental before the end of the year so that it goes on this years tax statement.    My husband is so smart Smiley Very Happy

FICO 9:

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.