Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APP for NFCU

tag
mr_postman
Regular Contributor

Re: APP for NFCU

web

why not get the LOC or Navcheck is't there for the taking I just email navyfed for PC I did a convertion from Nrewards Mastercard to Cash rewards Visa I cant believe it was so easy to product change with navyfed. for extra bonus they even upgraded my cash rewards to siggy

navyfed fans checking in

LOC 10K 4 yr

Nrewrads Visa 20K 4 yr

Cash rewards Visa 8K 4 yr

Flagship Visa siggy 5K  2 moths

Personal Loan 15K 2 months

I will be asking my increase soon on my Flagship and Cash rewars since i just bump off all my inquiries on EQ and TUSmiley Very Happy

Message 31 of 41
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

what is the difference between a reg card from nfcu and the sig?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 32 of 41
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Mr postman
right now I have a mortgage refi in progress; so no apping for me! I also want to pick up a business revolver from amex that is personally gauranteed. Due to the baddies on my report which will age off next year and the multiple inquiries (over 15 on each report) I decided that gardening is the best approach for me. By July of next year I will have no inquiries; no baddies; and an AAoA of 6+ years. At that time I will apply for lowes business amex; nfcu rewards business mastercard; and navcheck. Smiley Happy it was highly tempting to apply in October however I decided that my best long term strategy would be to wait. Those products will still be there next year Smiley Happy

@rootpooty the sig comes with visa sig priveleges such as concierge and the ability to exceed your limit. I just want the sig version for the prestige factor to be perfectly honest.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 33 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

THE FINAL VERDICT IS IN:

$17.5K CL and the cards are in the mail!!!! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 34 of 41
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

How much CL did your GF get?
FICO 9:

Message 35 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same its a joint. She shops like it's no bodies business so no card on her own lol. 

Message 36 of 41
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Oh ok... so she is a joint card holder but doesn't have the actual card?

Be very careful with joint accounts... there is nothing there to protect you if she decides to go on a 10k shopping binge. You would be on the hook for all the purchases. A better solution would have been to make her an authorized User. That way she could have easily been removed if things started going south
FICO 9:

Message 37 of 41
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

AWESOME limit!!!  Congratulations!!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 38 of 41
A_Madel
Contributor

Yeah! Enjoy your new card! Smiley Very Happy

Current: EQ 791 / TU 788 / EX 752 FICO's (MyFico, Oct 2012)

*** NFCU Plat | USAA CR Amex | PenFed TR Amex | BOA Gold | JP Morgan Select | Amex BCP | Amex PRG | USAA Plat ***
Message 39 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

webhopper wrote:
Oh ok... so she is a joint card holder but doesn't have the actual card?

Be very careful with joint accounts... there is nothing there to protect you if she decides to go on a 10k shopping binge. You would be on the hook for all the purchases. A better solution would have been to make her an authorized User. That way she could have easily been removed if things started going south

Oh no never that, she a banker. She buys dumb things like 30 items from the dollar store lol. She doesn't buy the exspensive stuff, lol I do. She will get like 100 things for $300. Ill get like 1 thing for $1500. Im the big spender she just needs to swipe the card even if its for one penny. Everything we have is joint we are committed and would be married but that's another story.

Thanks Guys!!!

Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.