Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APP spree after closing

tag
rbtextreme
New Contributor

APP spree after closing

I'd like to start out by saying thank you to everyone on this board! If it weren't for the helpful information/people found on this site I would've never been able to repair my poor credit history.

Closed on my house 8/30/12- FHA @ 3.75%- Mortgaged $151,000 after putting down $10k

APP Spree: (This was all completed after my loan was funded.. Ended up funding before I even left the title company)

American Signature Furniture- Applied online and instantly approved for $1500, called and asked for $5k, countered at $3800

Home Depot- Applied online and instantly approved for $500 (store card), called and asked for $10k, was on hold for about 10 minutes and was declined any increase Smiley Sad

Kay Jewelers- Applied online and instantly approved for $1500, called and asked for a CLI but the rep stated that I would need to go into a store to request an increase (going to do that today... I'll let you know the outcome).

Macys- Applied online and instantly approved for $300 (store card), called and asked for a CLI but the rep stated that I needed 3 months of billing before they could process a CLI.

Best Buy- Declined, I previously burned GECRB for about $1500 and believe that I have been blacklisted (I can't get any GECRB backed card....) Called and spoke with a rep and she stated that I would have to wait until it falls off my credit report.

Chase Amazon- Declined, waiting on the reasons.

Barclays Visa- Just hit 6 months so I requested a CLI online. Original CL was $1500, asked for $5k, approved at $2380. I didn't want to call in due to the amount of inquiries I had hitting my report... Decided to just be thankful for the increase.

Chase Finance/Mazda- 2nd child is on the way so I need a larger vehicle. Approved for a lease! Walked in with a 06 Civic with 80k miles and left with a 2013 Mazda CX5. I was glad to get rid of my 15.99% interest on the civic.

Scores were EQ 652, TU 651, EX 618 (Lender Pulls)

What's in my wallet?

Grow FCU Visa $5k, American Signature $3,800, Barclay $2380, Kay $1500, CFNA $800, Home Depot $500, Orchard $320, Cap one $300, Macys $300

I'm afraid to see whats about to happen to my credit.... But I don't have the need to buy anything else right now. Time to pay down some of my credit cards Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Re: APP spree after closing

Congrats on the house, the new credit, and more importantly the new baby. You have a lot going on!

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 2 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Best buy is a cap1 card, not a GECRB as far as I know.

But congrats on your approvals and your new house !!!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on everything!! Our scores a similar, so you give me hope..we're having our scores repulled on the 26th for mortgage!

Message 4 of 10
rbtextreme
New Contributor

Thank you all for the kind words! And yes, you were correct about capital one backing best buy.

Has anyone else dealt with GECRB blacklisting you? @JPersat- If you're in FL I can refer you to the mortgage company I used (they go as low as 600 mid score). Let me know.

Message 5 of 10
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

That's exactly what I did.  After i bought my home (fully funded, keys in hand), 2 weeks later I decided I needed better credit cards, after avoiding credit apping for 4 year.  I went 5 for 5.  August was my best month finanically, in a very long time.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 6 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@rbtextreme wrote:

I'd like to start out by saying thank you to everyone on this board! If it weren't for the helpful information/people found on this site I would've never been able to repair my poor credit history.

@Closed on my house 8/30/12- FHA @ 3.75%- Mortgaged $151,000 after putting down $10k

APP Spree: (This was all completed after my loan was funded.. Ended up funding before I even left the title company)

American Signature Furniture- Applied online and instantly approved for $1500, called and asked for $5k, countered at $3800

Home Depot- Applied online and instantly approved for $500 (store card), called and asked for $10k, was on hold for about 10 minutes and was declined any increase Smiley Sad

Kay Jewelers- Applied online and instantly approved for $1500, called and asked for a CLI but the rep stated that I would need to go into a store to request an increase (going to do that today... I'll let you know the outcome).

Macys- Applied online and instantly approved for $300 (store card), called and asked for a CLI but the rep stated that I needed 3 months of billing before they could process a CLI.

Best Buy- Declined, I previously burned GECRB for about $1500 and believe that I have been blacklisted (I can't get any GECRB backed card....) Called and spoke with a rep and she stated that I would have to wait until it falls off my credit report.

Chase Amazon- Declined, waiting on the reasons.

Barclays Visa- Just hit 6 months so I requested a CLI online. Original CL was $1500, asked for $5k, approved at $2380. I didn't want to call in due to the amount of inquiries I had hitting my report... Decided to just be thankful for the increase.

Chase Finance/Mazda- 2nd child is on the way so I need a larger vehicle. Approved for a lease! Walked in with a 06 Civic with 80k miles and left with a 2013 Mazda CX5. I was glad to get rid of my 15.99% interest on the civic.

Scores were EQ 652, TU 651, EX 618 (Lender Pulls)

What's in my wallet?

Grow FCU Visa $5k, American Signature $3,800, Barclay $2380, Kay $1500, CFNA $800, Home Depot $500, Orchard $320, Cap one $300, Macys $300

I'm afraid to see whats about to happen to my credit.... But I don't have the need to buy anything else right now. Time to pay down some of my credit cards Smiley Happy

Best Buy is backed by HSBC/Capital One. Did you mean them?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in Texas, but thanks Smiley Happy

How did your Kay's CLI go?

Message 8 of 10
EandK23
Regular Contributor

Congrats! How very exciting!
Message 9 of 10
rbtextreme
New Contributor

I didn't have the chance to run over there yesterday. I'll be over there today though.

Thanks for the comments!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.