Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED Amex ZYNC & Discover Student more card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVED Amex ZYNC & Discover Student more card

I was approved for my first credit card in February - CapitalOne Secured 250$ CL.......CLI to 350$ 5 months in.

The following month I applied for a store card & was approved AmericanEagle 700$ CL

I am a 22 Y/o College student..

I started applying to all the main card companies for student cards, etc. ALL denied.

I entered the garden until my 7th statement came out which would give me my established credit of 6 months. I waited till it was reported to the bureau and my CK score said 670.

Amex - 200$ CL, had the 500$ Autopay option.

Discover Student - 500$

Back to the garden....

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: APPROVED Amex ZYNC & Discover Student more card

Congrats. I'm gardening up too, college student, and  I wanna get the zync. Needa get my foot in the door with amex, they have some great cards, and I gotta lock in that member date. Smiley Very Happy 

Message 2 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Congrats!!

Take care of AMEX / Discover, they will grow nicely with you. AMEX you may have to app for a better account because the hard limit does not go away apparently, but with good history you'll get what you really want then.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 10
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your new cards.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 10
ZS1988
Established Member

Currently I got the Cap1  Secure CL $451, and AU from Cap 1 Plat CL $750, AU Chase CL $7,000.

My wife is Cap 1 Plat CL $ 750, Orcha Plat $ CL 300. The thing is that her credit score is below 700, but shes getting offer from AMEX.

First one came is the Gold one, or the charge card. We ignore it and it came again, and we still ignore it. Now the Green one came, =D. I wonder if we keep ignor it will they offer something better. BTW I'm not allowing my wife to get a new card untill 1 year pass since we're both almost at 7-8 hard inquire.

O, and Congrat =D.

US Bank Platinum: $2000
Cap 1: $1500

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to get my foot in the door for now, in no rush now that I'm hanging out in their living room ;-)

Message 6 of 10
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Congrats for your new cards! I'm a college student as well and was in a similar situation. I hope Discover grows with you over time. Good Luck!

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 7 of 10
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Clemson that awesome...I went there as a freshman.
Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 8 of 10
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!  Those are two great CC companies to get in with.

Message 9 of 10
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! I agree that these are both nice cards
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.