cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED CITI FORWARD WITH 1 MONTH CREDIT HISTORY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVED CITI FORWARD WITH 1 MONTH CREDIT HISTORY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24 yo, new in to credit world, always use my debit before.

i have 1 credit card : Secured First Premier  CL 200, open last month

Apply last week for Citi Forward, ask for my Pay stub ( 18000 annual), work at Starbucks

Approved for Citi Forward today, received  mail from citi today, Credit Limit 7000

17.99 APR on purchase

0% until 03/09/2011

0% BT until 08/09/2011

Very Happy ...  will close First premier  after my Citi 6 mo old.

I have no credit score

only 1 account on report, fist premier 1 month old .. thanks a lot to First premier, to create my new life

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: APPROVED CITI FORWARD WITH 1 MONTH CREDIT HISTORY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy Cow Batman that is amazing... congrats!!!

Message 2 of 24
laz98
Senior Contributor

your 0% on purchases ends on my birthday Smiley Tongue

congratulations!  i wouldn't mind having this card.

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks guys,

applied for secured capital one, declined

applied for orchard secured , they returned my money back

applied for BOA secured declined

Only First Premier approved me, after send DL, SS card, Utility Bill etc

i im thinking removing my wholelife saving in BOA ( 2200 , lol ) to Citi soon,

Message 4 of 24
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Wow!  Guess someone is looking out for you, especially since everyone else slammed the door on you.!  This is very nice to hear.  But, be extremely disciplined with your new Citi card, don't run it up, charge only what you can afford to payoff  each and every month, and NEVER ever be late.  Citi is one of the harder cards to get sometimes, in my opinion, and they will take care of you with some nice increases after 6 months. This is important if you are starting out in the credit world to not get ahead of yourself, especially with that nice credit limit.

After you've had the card for awhile with some excellent history, others will soon follow with solicitations for your business.  The sky is the limit if you  take care of the opportunity you've been given from Citi, and not spend yourself into the poor house. I've seen people with excellent scores, long histories, and good incomes be denied for Citi. 

Good luck and keep us informed of your credit progress

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 5 of 24
tobey
Contributor

That's amazing! Congrats to you!

Starting Score: 737
Current Score: 777
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 24
smc733
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks guys,

applied for secured capital one, declined

applied for orchard secured , they returned my money back

applied for BOA secured declined

Only First Premier approved me, after send DL, SS card, Utility Bill etc

i im thinking removing my wholelife saving in BOA ( 2200 , lol ) to Citi soon,

Don't judge BofA's banking division by their credit division (FIA card services).  Granted, Citibank is a tremendous bank, FIA is categorized as a "superprime" lender, as opposed to Citi being a "prime" lender, and First Premier is obviously a "subprime" lender.

Congrats on the new card, I love my Forward card, I spent 250 in the first 3 months and got 10,000 Thank You Points, its only 6000 now, but still better than nothing.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

just got my citiforward card in the mail,

cl ; 7000

cashadvance ; 2100

what the heck, i already spent 2000 online,

buy 1000 amex gift card for my mom and

1000 discover gift card for my young brother

just want to make them smile, since i always buy something cheap for them, if i got my paycheck.

i think i want to skip using this card, until i pay off the balance in 2 months.

just paid off my first premier card $156 balance, 0 balance now.

wewwww ... no more credit card for now, cause i realize that im so pooooorrrrrr ... lol

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

talked to my mom, about this new card,

she asked me to call citibank to lower the limit to 3000.

im thinkin , i will call on monday, since if i dont call, my mom said she will call citi by herself, get trouble, ..lol, alriteee, i will call on monday since i dont want get trouble with my financial.

Message 9 of 24
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

talked to my mom, about this new card,

she asked me to call citibank to lower the limit to 3000.

im thinkin , i will call on monday, since if i dont call, my mom said she will call citi by herself, get trouble, ..lol, alriteee, i will call on monday since i dont want get trouble with my financial.

since you already spent $2000, that's not a very good idea.  then you will be using most of your credit limit (66%)

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.