cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED CITI FORWARD WITH 1 MONTH CREDIT HISTORY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: APPROVED CITI FORWARD WITH 1 MONTH CREDIT HISTORY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOO ....

You want the largest limit possible ... TRUST ME.  If you can't trust yourself, than it might be best to lower it, otherwise, DON'T.

Do not decrease the limit.  Just don't use it ... Keep less than <5% on it and call it a day.

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

You right ...

i trust my self ..

My mom never trust me about money ... lol

so let it happen .. my citi with 3000 limit

i dont want to urgue with her, since she talk so loud and blah blah blah ..

but i think she right ... my paycheck so small ... just citibank account review kind of crazy .. lol, give me that kind of limit

Message 12 of 24
stefanc
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

NOOOOO ....

You want the largest limit possible ... TRUST ME.  If you can't trust yourself, than it might be best to lower it, otherwise, DON'T.

Do not decrease the limit.  Just don't use it ... Keep less than <5% on it and call it a day.

+1 --  I add my agreement with what PureCaSh said, cut the card into little tiny pieces if you need to, but leave the CL as high as you can. Just don't use it!

Message 13 of 24
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

talked to my mom, about this new card,

she asked me to call citibank to lower the limit to 3000.

im thinkin , i will call on monday, since if i dont call, my mom said she will call citi by herself, get trouble, ..lol, alriteee, i will call on monday since i dont want get trouble with my financial.

Is she a joint account holder?

Message 14 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would not lower your CL, 1. for the current util you would have on the card as previously mentioned and 2. a lot of creditors base a new credit line on your current cl's, with a 7k limit, future cl;s will likely be that or higher

Message 15 of 24
jefftca925
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

just got my citiforward card in the mail,

cl ; 7000

cashadvance ; 2100

what the heck, i already spent 2000 online,

buy 1000 amex gift card for my mom and

1000 discover gift card for my young brother

just want to make them smile, since i always buy something cheap for them, if i got my paycheck.

i think i want to skip using this card, until i pay off the balance in 2 months.

just paid off my first premier card $156 balance, 0 balance now.

wewwww ... no more credit card for now, cause i realize that im so pooooorrrrrr ... lol

While the gesture you did for your mom and your brother is very nice and very generous, one of the important things about maintaining an excellent credit rating and financial picture for yourself is spending wisely and within your means.  You should always use your credit cards in situations that you KNOW you can pay off in 30 days unless it is an unexpected expense (like a car repair).  Many college students have practiced bad behavior with CCs by using the card like it is free money.  It's not.  It's a wonderful accomplishment that you got a CC from a prime lender with a generous CL...but you don't want to blow it right out of the gate.  I'm sure your family loves you regardless of what you spend on them.  Preventing them from worrying about your finances is an even better gift.  Just my 2 cents... but Congratulations!!

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks everyone for the input, really appreciate ...

btw, i called citi already, my limit 3000 now !!!

fyi, i really really believe that im kinda poor right now ...lol

i dont want apply anymore credit until i got better job !! hallelujahh ...

2 credit card now, citi and first premier ...enough

may God bless all for the opinion ...

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, this is my individual account

Message 18 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Well this post excited me, my friend has the BBMC and no credit score yet, he applied and was instantly declined.... hmmm

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

may be just my lucky day, im not instantly declined or approved, 2 days after asking to fax the paystub, very2 nice lady on the phone, seems very polite and well educated ..lol

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.