cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED! Chase Chase Chase (and now AMEX)

tag
FrugalRican
Blogger

Re: APPROVED! Chase Chase Chase

If you live in a state where you can open a Chase checking account, I'd say... do so. You're missing out on a lot of points with a Checking/Freedom/Sapphire combo.

But I also agree with the other posters, you need a bit of diversity in your portfolio.

You never know when you might be on a trip somewhere and the Chase network completely goes down and then you need another card. (Extreme example, but stuff like this can happen - like CLD's out of the blue).

Congrats on the cards though.

And I'm glad they declined you for the Slate, to be honest, you can do better than that card with someone else.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 11 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FrugalRican wrote:

If you live in a state where you can open a Chase checking account, I'd say... do so. You're missing out on a lot of points with a Checking/Freedom/Sapphire combo.

But I also agree with the other posters, you need a bit of diversity in your portfolio.

You never know when you might be on a trip somewhere and the Chase network completely goes down and then you need another card. (Extreme example, but stuff like this can happen - like CLD's out of the blue).

Congrats on the cards though.

And I'm glad they declined you for the Slate, to be honest, you can do better than that card with someone else.

I actually ended up getting approved for the slate...I am using it to transfer a balance from a BOA card I never use anymore. As far as having other cards in the portfolio I tried for the Discover More  (4 HI within 24hrs) and got approved for $1000. I am dissapointed with the limit but the only reason I aplied was for the diversity and increased utilization.  I think I am done applying for a while Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 41
bribro
Valued Contributor

Congrats! +1 for a little diversification. I only have Citi and Chase general purpose cards right now, but will get an AmEx near year-end, just in case.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 13 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you dont mind answering what was tour AAOA, before all the apps ? I am looking to getr the sapphire soon

Message 14 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you dont mind answering what was tour AAOA, before all the apps ? I am looking to getr the sapphire soon

CK score is 712 but I think that was a bit high, AAOA is 1 yr 10 months. I do all my banking through Chase so I don't know if that played a part in the descision or not.

Message 15 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the successful applications! Great cards all three!

Message 16 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the successful applications! Great cards all three!

Thanks! You guys think it would do me any good to recon the Discover? $1k limit seems like a joke, is this card hard to get a high limit on?

Message 17 of 41
FrugalRican
Blogger

It's worth a try, but do it now while the INQ is still hot.

Just don't be too disappointed if they don't up it. They tend to be quite conservative, so make sure you have a handy explanation as to the "WHY" you want this CL lifted.

Their CS tends to be stellar though, so good luck.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 18 of 41
sureno90
Established Member

Which credit company did they run?

Message 19 of 41
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS on your CSP approval!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.