Did you mean: 

APR Reduction Spree!!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: APR Reduction Spree!!!!

@scottwagnon wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Chase and Citi don't like APR reduction.

Ron.

not true about citi. they lowered from 14.24 to 11.24 in jan 2012.

Scott, 

which card did you ask for lowering the rate? They told me it was lowest rate. Which number did you call?

Ron.

Message 31 of 45
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I think you can do better on the US Bank card. 14.99% is what they have me at.

Although, you likely don't carry balances. So this all may be a waste of time...haha

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 32 of 45
Ron1
Super Contributor

I called Citi again for APR reduction and they told me the same thing. 14.24% is the lowest rate. They offered  2.99% BT until Nov.2014.

Ron.

Message 33 of 45
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

Although, you likely don't carry balances. So this all may be a waste of time...haha

I called US Bank to lower APR for Cash + Visa Signature Card. They lowered the rate to 14.99% for six months. I usually paid in full. Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 34 of 45
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Scott, 

which card did you ask for lowering the rate? They told me it was lowest rate. Which number did you call?

Ron.

i called the number on the back of my card; they then transferred me to another department.

here is my lineup..

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-Many-Credit-Cards-Do-YOU-have/m-p/1034512#M290859

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 35 of 45
Ron1
Super Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Scott, 

Ron.

i called the number on the back of my card; they then transferred me to another department.

here is my lineup..

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-Many-Credit-Cards-Do-YOU-have/m-p/1034512#M290859

scott,

I called 800-950-5114 and they didn't transfer me to another dept. They checked the computer and they told me 14.24% is the lowest rate. Did you call during the regular business hours? What dept did they transfer to?

Ron.

Message 36 of 45
elpo9
Regular Contributor

@napplegate wrote:
I plan on calling Chase about an APR reduction on my Freedom once the zero APR offer expires. If denied would calling the EO be fruitful? From what I've gathered Chase is rather stingy with APR reductions but I certainly am not going to cancel my card and apply anew just to get a better rate...

Chase does not do APR reductions upon request. They review accounts yearly and decide one of three options: increase, stay same, or decrease. This has been told to me by both multiple CSRs and analysts. Too bad for us, and them...could lose some business - but surely their bean counters have it all figured out.

NFCU (7000) | Freedom Visa (2400) | DM (2500) | AMEX Plat (7000) | Amazon.com (1800) | GapCard ($750) | Closed: Barclays (1500) | Cap1 ($750) | BoA 1-2-3 Rewards (2500) | Gardening til mid-autumn 2015 for that Delta Platinum AMEX

Starting Score: 608 (2015) 702 (2012), 653 (2011)
Current Score: 685 699 8/6/11 717 8/30/11 712 12/6/11 714 across the board 1/12/12 685 EX FICO 3/1/14
2018 Goal Score: 715

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 37 of 45
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

I called US Bank to lower APR for Cash + Visa Signature Card. They lowered the rate to 14.99% for six months. I usually paid in full. Smiley Happy

Ron.

I am just saying that with a bit more pressure you might be able to get them to go lower than 14.99%.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 38 of 45
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Ron.

I am just saying that with a bit more pressure you might be able to get them to go lower than 14.99%.

I just called them again to ask for 14.99% permanently and they told me no. They told me to check back with them after 6 months.

Ron.

Message 39 of 45
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I just called them again to ask for 14.99% permanently and they told me no. They told me to check back with them after 6 months.

Ron.

Yeah, they supposedly only do 6 month reductions. I just think you warrant a rate lower than 14.99%. 

Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.