Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARE YOU KIDDING ME CHASE

tag
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: ARE YOU KIDDING ME CHASE

I left info out, they told me that as long as my information was still recent, and the old app hadn't been "archived" (IE, fell off the app status page), that this would occur, so I would have to wait for all apps to be archived.  

Either way, I blew it, I mailed the form with a check to the wrong IRS address, so that app is doomed anyway...

So I figure this:

Chase:  Daily expenses, day-to-day, etc...  PIF

Discover:  Rewards and occasional use, as a secondary

Citi:  Sockdrawer at home as a backup

BofA:  Sock drawer in case of low-apr needed

Chase has a better reward redemption threshold than Citi, and Discover has lower than Citi, and Discover can redeem $20>$25 worth of gift cards, etc...

I always PIF anyway...

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 21 of 29
vish1
Valued Contributor

You seem to be all set. DI is sending me a beer soon, I am willing to share that with you in the garden club where I am taking care of my 5 lil credit card saplings.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 22 of 29
smc733
Valued Contributor

@vish1 wrote:

You seem to be all set. DI is sending me a beer soon, I am willing to share that with you in the garden club where I am taking care of my 5 lil credit card saplings.

That sounds like a good plan.  And then in 9 months to a year, I am going to cold app for a regular Amex Blue, at which point, I will begin the axing process (anything not in my wallet will risk the chopping block at that point).

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 23 of 29
vish1
Valued Contributor

See you in the garden club. go get all the gardening tools (chase has 5% on them this quarter).

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 24 of 29
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@vish1 wrote:

I'll bring a six pack to share with anyone who's interested. Smiley Wink I've got two brand new seedlings to take care of, in addition to last year's little saplings. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 25 of 29
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@vish1 wrote:

See you in the garden club. go get all the gardening tools (chase has 5% on them this quarter).

We could put them on DHs brand new Lowe's card... if we buy enough for everyone we can get 0% for six months! LOL! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 26 of 29
Noctilum
Frequent Contributor

Chase is my only credit card.

I have a Slate since Dec 2009 with a $7,000 CL and 13.99% interest rate.

I make every single purchase/payment with my card unless Visa is not accepted then I use cash.  I pay it off 100% before the statement closes.

I had to use customer service a couple of times.  Once my card was stolen and the thief bought plane tickets from Mexico to China.  Other than that, no problems experienced with my card.

Message 27 of 29
vish1
Valued Contributor

@Corvidae wrote:

Chase is my only credit card.

I have a Slate since Dec 2009 with a $7,000 CL and 13.99% interest rate.

I make every single purchase/payment with my card unless Visa is not accepted then I use cash.  I pay it off 100% before the statement closes.

I had to use customer service a couple of times.  Once my card was stolen and the thief bought plane tickets from Mexico to China.  Other than that, no problems experienced with my card.

The only place I know where they don't accept visa is costco. Are there more?

Message 28 of 29
smc733
Valued Contributor

@vish1 wrote:

The only place I know where they don't accept visa is costco. Are there more?

I've run across a few small places that take Cash only.  Sam's Club takes:

Visa Debit

MC

Discover

Not Amex, not Visa Credit

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.