Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARRIVAL+ WEMC TRAVEL BENEFITS QUESTION

tag
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

ARRIVAL+ WEMC TRAVEL BENEFITS QUESTION

Helloeveryone,

Here is my situation. I am going on a Cruise very soon. I am buying the tickets now and an option I am given is Travel Protection for $25. includes Travel Insurance, Cancellation, and so forth. Here is my question, is this a benefit I am getting for free when I pay for the full trip with my Arrival+? I have been looking for information online but I can't seem for to get any firm answers. I am asking all the WEMC experts and also those that have Arrival+. I am open to all opinions anyway. Thanks you all!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: ARRIVAL+ WEMC TRAVEL BENEFITS QUESTION

I think the $25 would be additional, as for a benefit. I think most travel cards have this. Like there is a part that is free and any additional benefits cost a little extra. If that makes sense. I know i was going over the benefits i think of my CSP and it said i can get these travel benefits for free but if i want any additional insurances its going to cost a little more.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:
I think the $25 would be additional, as for a benefit. I think most travel cards have this. Like there is a part that is free and any additional benefits cost a little extra. If that makes sense. I know i was going over the benefits i think of my CSP and it said i can get these travel benefits for free but if i want any additional insurances its going to cost a little more.

I think the OP knows it would cost $25 more, and the question is "Are the benefits that I would get by paying $25 worthwhile or is equivalent coverage already included in the WEMC benefits"  and we would need to know what is offered for $25 to answer.

Message 3 of 10
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:

So something like maybe, Trip Cancellation due to illness or injury wouldn't be automatically included for free with my purchase?

Message 4 of 10
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

I think the OP knows it would cost $25 more, and the question is "Are the benefits that I would get by paying $25 worthwhile or is equivalent coverage already included in the WEMC benefits"  and we would need to know what is offered for $25 to answer.

THIS.

This is exactly what I am asking. Thank you guys

Message 5 of 10
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Does anyone know the answer to this question? Any opinion is greatly appreciated.

Message 6 of 10
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@Jaylima91 wrote:

Does anyone know the answer to this question? Any opinion is greatly appreciated.

As previously stated, we need to know what is covered under the $25 charge. Only then can we give you a solid answer. 

Message 7 of 10
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

@Jaylima91 wrote:

As previously stated, we need to know what is covered under the $25 charge. Only then can we give you a solid answer. 

Cancel before you cruise: insurer reimburses up to
*100% of your cruise cost if you cancel due to illness, injury or other covered reasons.

Catch up to your cruise:
  If your flight is delayed, we help you catch up to your cruise.
  Get reimbursed up to $1,300 for change fees and meals.

Protection during your cruise: insurer reimburses up to
  100% of your cruise cost if you cut your cruise short due to illness or injury
  $1,500 for lost, stolen or damaged baggage
  $10,000 for elligible medical expenses
  Plus 24/7 worldwide emergency hotline
Message 8 of 10
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@Jaylima91 wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@Jaylima91 wrote:

*100% of your cruise cost if you cancel due to illness, injury or other covered reasons.

Catch up to your cruise:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/servicing/img/base/guideBenefits/BAR-4667-4_AIR_MX.pdf

There is the guide to benefits directly from Barclays. 

I know that if your trip is cancelled or interrupted, you get a maximum of: $1.5k 

COMMON CARRIER ACCIDENTAL DEATH & DISMEMBERMENT: $250k 

BAGGAGE DELAY: $100 per day, for 3 days. 

Message 9 of 10
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

@Jaylima91 wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@Jaylima91 wrote:

Catch up to your cruise:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/servicing/img/base/guideBenefits/BAR-4667-4_AIR_MX.pdf

There is the guide to benefits directly from Barclays. 

I know that if your trip is cancelled or interrupted, you get a maximum of: $1.5k 

COMMON CARRIER ACCIDENTAL DEATH & DISMEMBERMENT: $250k 

BAGGAGE DELAY: $100 per day, for 3 days. 

I found my answer. Thank you. Trip Cancellation and Interruprion is included.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.