Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AT&T Promotion VISA - I am Ranting

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: AT&T Promotion VISA - I am Ranting

Welcome to the forums, elinera!

Anybody who doesn't want their card can send it to me! I like money, tangible cash or intangible balances on cards, it don't make me no never mind! So y'all all can send 'em right over to me. Happy to oblige!

Message 11 of 14
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

There are bigger things in life to worry about.  $50 bucks is $50 bucks, who cares if it is on a prepaid card.   It's hardly worth worrying about, imo.  Just use it.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are a number of stores (Target and Toys R Us and others I'm sure) that will allow you to make purchases across multiple cards. That's what I would do with them. But I do understand the frustration.
Message 13 of 14
JaysonT
Regular Contributor

I have to agree that these are frustrating.  The biggest issue I have with the cards is the expiration date tends to be rather short.  My solution (may not appeal to all) is to buy Amazon gift certificates for myself.  Once I apply these to my Amazon account they never expire and I clear out the total amount on the card.  Personally this works for me as I tend to buy enough from Amazon and that GC balance does not last that long in the account.

A couple of notes when doing this through Amazon.  If you try and buy a larger gift certificate, they will check the validity of the card by hitting it with a temporary authorization for $1 which will then make it impossible to get a GC for the entire amount of the card.  There are two solutions for this.  One is to only purchase $5 GCs and buy enough to use up the entire balance.  They will not do the $1 temporary hold for $5 GCs.  The other option which take a bit more time is to purchase a GC which is $5 less than the balance on the card.  Then you will need to wait for the hold to clear to use the last $5 on the card.  Amazon has a minimum of $5.  Also, I am making the assumption that you are using email GC which has no shipping charge.

I get more and more of these "rebate" cards which I can only guess is a benefit to the company giving these.  Apparently a lot of them never get used while the older check method was usually cashed.  I know AT&T was hit for the short expiration of their cards and had to send out compensation cards to some customers (I was one).

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.