Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATTTENTION: Chase freedom owners, I have a couple questions

tag
percy81
Frequent Contributor

ATTTENTION: Chase freedom owners, I have a couple questions

Good Morning, I've searched the forum for these questions, unless i'm blind--couldn't find an answer.

I guess you can say i'm excited because my one year anniversary with my chase freedom card is next month Smiley Very Happy

Which means, the inquiry does less damage. Now, my question is...does Chase give anniversary or birthday presents??? I've been sitting at 3,000 since I opened it last february, meanwhile my discover card keeps throwing auto increases my way ( small increases, but still..) Have any of you recieved specialties around your special months?? Chase and Discover are the only inquiries I have besides a gemb inquirie thats about to hit two years in march and discovers 1 year is in march also. I have a 50.00 balance on my chase, I pay it off all the time, and some months i'll throw them a little interest bone Smiley Wink

I refuse to waste a Hp for a cli, I figure I don't need the available credit that I already have, I just want to be in the 5k barriers to look good when I start home shopping.

Also, are there any "tips" to earning a auto cli with them? There Do's and Don't?"

Thanks so much fico buddiesSmiley Happy

Current: TU 772 EQ 765 EX 760 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 34,000/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 20,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: ATTTENTION: Chase freedom owners, I have a couple questions

Idk.. Ime, one year earns an auto cli.....

Buuuut I can't be sure. Someone told me on here if you contact the Exec Office of Chase they can do it with a SP. I'm in the same boat! I refuse to get a hp for a cli! Not when GE/Amex/Barclay's do them with SPs usually!!!

Good luck :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 12
GomerPyle
Regular Contributor

@lisamar81 wrote:

Good Morning, I've searched the forum for these questions, unless i'm blind--couldn't find an answer.

I guess you can say i'm excited because my one year anniversary with my chase freedom card is next month Smiley Very Happy

Which means, the inquiry does less damage. Now, my question is...does Chase give anniversary or birthday presents??? I've been sitting at 3,000 since I opened it last february, meanwhile my discover card keeps throwing auto increases my way ( small increases, but still..) Have any of you recieved specialties around your special months?? Chase and Discover are the only inquiries I have besides a gemb inquirie thats about to hit two years in march and discovers 1 year is in march also. I have a 50.00 balance on my chase, I pay it off all the time, and some months i'll throw them a little interest bone Smiley Wink

I refuse to waste a Hp for a cli, I figure I don't need the available credit that I already have, I just want to be in the 5k barriers to look good when I start home shopping.

Also, are there any "tips" to earning a auto cli with them? There Do's and Don't?"

Thanks so much fico buddiesSmiley Happy

Call them and ask if you qualify for an auto CLI. My advice is to take the hard pull if you don't.  You should request $12,000 credit line.   Make the HP worth the trouble.   I have had auto cli's from them and I have requested cli's. Be bold and don't sweat the HP. There is an attitude when you talk to reps that let them know you are serious and not to be trifled with. We are all way to timid when making these requests. 

Message 3 of 12
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

When did you all receive your first auto CLI on the Freedom and for how much? I'm wondering if I should just wait for an auto CLI and not ask. Thanks. Curious about the same questions OP is asking.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 4 of 12
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I personally would just take the hp for the cli if you need/want one.

Also, youngandcreditworthy, i thought barclays did a HP for cli.
Message 5 of 12
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I've had my Freedom since June 2011 and never received an auto CLI.  However, I also got the Sapphire and United Explorer in April 2012 (one with a higher limit than the Freedom) so am not sure if that has anything to do with it.  I don't think I've ever read that Chase often gives out auto CLIs but I'm sure it's happened here and there.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 12
Obt3wKLq5t
New Contributor

My United and Marriott just got auto cli.  I got them around May 2012.  Both went up by $10k.  I didn't ask for them.  I noticed them only because of the messages at CreditKarma.

American Express SPG, Chase Freedom, Citi Forward, Citi Dividend World Elite, Discover More, Penfed Platinum Rewards, Kohls
Message 7 of 12
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@Obt3wKLq5t wrote:

My United and Marriott just got auto cli.  I got them around May 2012.  Both went up by $10k.  I didn't ask for them.  I noticed them only because of the messages at CreditKarma.

That's a nice double surprise! Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 12
kwinks
Regular Contributor

Hi, 

im in the exact same boat as you...I got my freedom february of 2012 with 3000 cl and have not gotten any auto cli...and now I think because I just got the csp I won't be getting a cli on freedom -___- and I can't get any remote inquiries for the rest of the year

Message 9 of 12
percy81
Frequent Contributor

I guess right now it's a wait and see type thing, I wont risk the Hp even if it's a chance for triple my credit limit. I don't need it just...you know want it. Smiley Happy

I'll update this thread in february for future reference.  Until then, even though my discover is short of a 1,000 from my freedom card, they will get the love from me because i've gotten the best customer service from them and auto cli's every 3 months. I really like how they've treated me.

Current: TU 772 EQ 765 EX 760 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 34,000/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 20,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.