cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU Account Closing Counted as Chase 5/24?

tag
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

AU Account Closing Counted as Chase 5/24?

I think the answer is probably yes.  Just want to make sure.  I seem to that you could talk the csr to exclude the AU cards.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: AU Account Closing Counted as Chase 5/24?

Yeah, unfortunately. It has to be removed from your credit report entirely which sometimes means disputing with the bureaus. There were a few datapoints over on DoC that people were able to recon if they had one or two AU accounts at most but seemed to be really rare.

Message 2 of 17
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

The reason for my asking is that, I added my college kid to my CCs to start the credit profile.  Then I removed the AU from my cards.  The AU's profile shows like below.  So this counts as AU's account openning and closing?

Chase.PNG

Message 3 of 17
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

If it's still on their credit report it still counts as an AU account for 5/24 if it was opened in the last two years. You need to get it removed completely by contacting Chase to get it deleted or have your kids dispute with the bureaus as an AU card with no responsibility for the account.

Message 4 of 17
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

This is cool. Get some work to do. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 17
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

That account says it was opened in 2012.

Did you already receive a 5/24 denial, or are you just speculating?
2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 6 of 17
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Ardeckowrote:

That date corresponds to when the card was opened by the primary not when the authorized user was added.

Message 7 of 17
digitek
Established Contributor

My wife had a closed AU count against her for Chase 5/24.  She had been put on as an AU and removed from the card within a year.  Even though it was closed, it showed on her report as opening within 24 months.  Chase counted that card.

Strangely enough 2 of the 3 bureau's had it on her report as in good standing, not closed.  When I contacted them about that, they just removed it from her report completely, like not there at all anymore.  One of the reports has all the data right, can't remember which one off the top of my head.

Message 8 of 17
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Ardeckowrote:

That card is just an example.  There are other cards which were opened about one year ago.

I'll submitted dispute on Experian, trying to get most of them removed. Only keep this old card.

Message 9 of 17
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

sm chase and the card entry will be gone in a week.  other lenders not so much but chase rules in this area

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.