Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU Status - report vs score

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

AU Status - report vs score

As far as I remember, the CRAs will still be REPORTING AU status on CRs, they will just NOT be using the AU TLs in the calculation of score.  The the CR will not appear to change at all

If this is the case, the only way of noticing the change will be the score drop (usually) of someone who has been dependent on AU status for much of their score.

If I am wrong I will happily accept correction.  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AU Status - report vs score

MidnightVoice wrote:
As far as I remember, the CRAs will still be REPORTING AU status on CRs, they will just NOT be using the AU TLs in the calculation of score.  The the CR will not appear to change at all

If this is the case, the only way of noticing the change will be the score drop (usually) of someone who has been dependent on AU status for much of their score.

The FICO 2008 has not been launched so AU accounts will continue to report and factor in scoring. Once the new model kicks in, AU accounts might or might not report, but they will no longer be factored in scoring.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused111 wrote:

MidnightVoice wrote:

The FICO 2008 has not been launched so AU accounts will continue to report and factor in scoring. Once the new model kicks in, AU accounts might or might not report, but they will no longer be factored in scoring.

fused, when did the following change? Only asking for information purposes, not to be argumentative.

"June 5, 2007 - (Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA) - Fair Isaac Corporation (NYSE:FIC) today announced that it will adjust its FICO  scoring formula to ensure the continued reliability and predictive power of FICO scores.  This action is intended to protect lenders and FICO scores from abuse of authorized user credit card accounts by a new kind of credit repair service that sells consumer credit card histories to credit applicants in order to purposefully misrepresent the applicants' own credit history to lenders and other businesses.

The adjustment removes authorized user accounts from consideration by the scoring model in FICO 08, the newest version of the Classic FICO credit score which Fair Isaac expects to become available to lenders starting in September."

Message 3 of 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Sleigh:

You're not being argumentative!Smiley Happy Nobody really knows why it hasn't launched yet but the new model does say FICO 2008 and we are still months away from the new year. There's really no telling when it will be launched or which CRA will be the first. Many are betting EQ will be the first. There has been some public statements made by an EX VP who was quoted as saying EX will be the first one, however. I'm not on the EQ bandwagon so this would not surprise me!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.