Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU USER

tag
goose3500
Contributor

AU USER

I asked two members about this method AU on my stepmother credit line, i am trying to get a boost in my credit score to purchase a used car before the weather gets really cold that is nov in dc.  Right know my average credit score is at 575 for all three CR.  I read about this method online, I have a active credit card now but i takes time to build the score. The reason why nov is great is because a 4000. debt falls of my account is November which means i will be CA debt free.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AU USER

As of now, fico 08 has not kicked in and AU accounts will still help your scores.
Message 2 of 12
goose3500
Contributor

even with department store cards
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any account, so long as that creditor does indeed report AU's.

Which card is this for and maybe someone here can help you see if they do report?
Message 4 of 12
goose3500
Contributor

It is a Macy store card.  I do not believe it has a Visa or mastercard logo strictly for store use.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have Macy's store card, but I have no AU's listed and do not know personally if they report.

Here is the number to the credit dept. 800-876-6229

Call and see if they will report if your step-mom add's you to her account.
Message 6 of 12
goose3500
Contributor

thank you much, called but said the number is not working
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opps, sorry. See what I mean about posting number's in open forum?

1-866-593-2543 goes to customer service. Just have to jump through some hoops to get a live person.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's does report AU accounts.

Message 9 of 12
goose3500
Contributor

thanks but they said no, the funny thing is they just denied me for credit just last week and i heard it was the easiest card to get.lol
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.