Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU as history?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AU as history?

Applied Nov. 7, opened Nov. 12.  On the bright side, day 90 is fast approaching!

Message 41 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Applied Nov. 7, opened Nov. 12.  On the bright side, day 90 is fast approaching!

Good luck with that. Discover didn't budge at all for me. Smiley Sad

And I definitely agree that AU impacts approval. I don't think I would have gotten such high SLs on my chase cards without AU. 

Message 42 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well whatever he applies for he is pulling his reports on 2/9 at the strike of midnight and after seeing a score we can go from there! Ill be sure to update with any approvals! Does anyone know of cards that are sent overnight or express mail? he is going to puerto rico 6 days after his birthday and I'm sure he would want to bring a card to two along as well

Message 43 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pretty sure new premium Amex charge cards get overnighted, especially the PRG and the Platinum.  I know that you can urge Chase to overnight any new card for free if you call them.

Message 44 of 52
Aarvard
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Btw all the creditors will overlook the fact that your son has AU history. They only care about his individual history in the application process. I know this from personal experience as the creditors in my sig have cited me for having limited experience on my own. Therefore AU isn't really counted when applications are put under review, but they definitely contribute to his credit score.

Not entirely true. My brother was an authorized user on three of my accounts, which all were less than a year old, got approved for Amex Delta for $12,300, Amex SPG for $9,200, Citibank ATT Access More, Arrival Plus, Venture, and Venture One. He only had those three cards at the time of his applications, but his EX score was 770, which means that even if you only have limited credit history on your own, you will get approved if your score is high enough.
Chase did deny his app citing limited history though, but when the Arrival + showed up in his report, he applied again and got the Hyatt card for $12,000. 

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 45 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Max cl at the time of apping for AARP+freedom was Amex at 5.5k. Next one was cap one at 3k.

I'm pretty sure my AU influenced chase's decisions.

They gave me 15k+ on two cards that were instant approved.
Message 46 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know for a fact he wants PRG and Amex Delta, Just dont know if he will get approved with his thin file, so far what is on there is citi since 9/15 with 500 limit and kohls since 11/15 with 300 limit and walmart since 12/15 with $500 limit. Barclay should start reporting soon since 12/15 with a $500, and a $1500 limit. and his uti right now is around 5%

Message 47 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I know for a fact he wants PRG and Amex Delta, Just dont know if he will get approved with his thin file, so far what is on there is citi since 9/15 with 500 limit and kohls since 11/15 with 300 limit and walmart since 12/15 with $500 limit. Barclay should start reporting soon since 12/15 with a $500, and a $1500 limit. and his uti right now is around 5%

I got AMEX TE when it turned my 18 birthday (au history). 5.5k SL. after a cap one inq on ex. 

Message 48 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got AMEX TE when it turned my 18 birthday (au history). 5.5k SL. after a cap one inq on ex. 

but wasn't your au history years? his is only 6 months

Message 49 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

but wasn't your au history years? his is only 6 months

For me, it depends on when the AU card was approved. For example, my mom got her Discover More in 1993. 

My account date would date to 1993 as well. YMMV for other issuers though. You can do some research on ficoforums. 

Message 50 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.