Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU on JC Penneys

tag
anderl
Frequent Contributor

AU on JC Penneys

Just got added as an AU on a JC Penneys acc-wondering how this will affect Fico scores-680EQ, 700TU TO ???AAoA=2yrs. 6mnths. to 3yrs. 10mnths. Length of History=6yrs. 1mnth to 14yrs. 4mnths. Available CR=$26K to $29K. Utilities 8% to ? They have not yet reported to CB's, but say they are next statement date. Baddies are late payments-last being 3yrs. ago. Want to increase Available Credit from 29K to around 50k-60k(planning to app Alliant CU. Thank YouSmiley Wink
Message Edited by anderl on 08-21-2009 09:14 AM
Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AU on JC Penneys

Nice work on upping your AAofA, and keeping your utilization down.

I would look at GW'ing your baddies.

Alliant will give you a good CL, but doesn't require one to already be reporting on your CR's - was that what you were referring to?

Message 2 of 5
anderl
Frequent Contributor

Yes.Thank You- and was curious as to how the change would, if any, affect my FicosSmiley Wink
Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 3 of 5
davidboca
Contributor

Unfortunately Penney does not report AU card holders to the credit bureaus, so it should not have any effect on your scores one way or the other.

This means you can carry a balance and it will not drag your score down. This also means you will not derive any score benefit for prompt payment.

Of course, the primary account holder will be impacted by your use, so keep them happy.

Message 4 of 5
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Maybe u'r right, but my DW is AU on mine JCP card and they report to EXP/EQ, but they do not report to TU.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.