Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU question

tag
FICOADDICTED
New Contributor

AU question

I asked this question before my sister filed for BK; I was not sure when she will file and she did finally filed this month and I am an AU on her HSBS Levitz account, although this account is in good standing with zero balance, how will this affect my credit score?  Do I ahve to dispute this account with CB's?

I guess I should have ask her to remove me as AU before she filed....

Thanks!

Amex (3), Chase (2), Cap One(2), USAA (1), NFCU (1), Citi (2) Nordie Store Card, VS, BB Store card and HD store card......
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AU question

If this account has a zero balance it will not be included in the BK and it may survive the BK unless they take adverse action (close it) because of her BK.  Hopefully she can keep it to help keep a surviving account for its age and history.

As an AU, there is no impact on you if is has zero balance and no derog comments.  If this had a balance and was going to be included in the BK, then you would want to have yourself removed and then dispute the item with CRA's.  But if I understand correctly, I don't see where you need to do anything.  You can have her ask her BK attorney the question to put your mind at ease, though.

Message 2 of 6
FICOADDICTED
New Contributor

Hi txjohn,

Thanks for you response.

Her account was close per HSBC - this account has a clean record with no derog with no balance.  Will this affect my score or util?

Amex (3), Chase (2), Cap One(2), USAA (1), NFCU (1), Citi (2) Nordie Store Card, VS, BB Store card and HD store card......
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, if there are no derogs and it is only closed and not included in the BK, then it will continue to count toward your AAoA for the next 10 years....so for now, just let it stay put.

If anything changes on it down the road, you can always have an AU removed.  We need to remember that we don't have to worry if our FICO changes here and there for minor adjustable things.  We only need to spit polish and press the uniform for inspection (going for new credit).  Until then, just use the credit basic strategies that build good credit.  And don't worry about the AU unless it develops a problem, then just have it removed.

Message 4 of 6
FICOADDICTED
New Contributor

Thank you so much txjohn..  Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Twas a pleasure Smiley Happy

We all come here initially to get info.....it's only fair to share what you learn here and through hard knox!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.